Well hello there!

Extra binds/setup which is not default

A forum for the RtCW mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

gunte

Extra binds/setup which is not default

Post by gunte » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

Here some usefull extra binds and buttondefinition which is the only changes I make to the default installation on my PC.

VOICES:
/bind g "vsay Thanks"
(I used v31 (teamchat) for years without knowing that the enemy player can't here it. Therefore the enemy player i wanted to thanks did never heard it lol, hmm. With this bind he does)

MOVES (press ESC + control + moves):
- Use spacebutton for crunch (instead of c) and jump with right mousebutton. Because of this it is very easy to move around while crunching :).

SHOOTING (press ESC + control + shoot):

- When you are doctor use mousewheel down for revive. It is the "Class specific weapon1". Because of this it is very easy to do very fast revive (also remember to crunch in the moment you revive).

- Use mousewheel up for bombs, TNT - molotov. I think this is default.

Aud
Greenhorn

Post by Aud » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 am

Adding some more...

Most of the times when i spec people I see you running past enemies without seeing them or missing someone in the corner of your eye who then shoots you in the back. This is most likely because I play with a higher cg_fov. Default is 90, I play with 110. Higher values gives a view like your looking trough a fishbowl and lets you see further around your own head so to speak.

To change it, bring down console and type cg_fov x where x is 90 or 110 or whatever.

Other then that I just change controls a bit. Just like Gunte I move jump to Mouse2 and then crouch to Capslock in my case. Sprint is on shift but that may be default. But I think the important thing with controls is to find a setup where you can reach everything you need without moving your hands and then train with those until you know them by heart.

Other the that it's all default settings.

gunte

Post by gunte » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes sprint is on shift default. I used c as default crunch for years but realized that i couldn't move around while chrunching because you will use the finger boht for right turn and crunch. Thats why crunch has to be in another place than c. About cg_fov i tried it some time ago and i best like it as it is default. As i remember things is too small/ far away if you increase it as you suggest.
Last edited by gunte on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 pm

lol gunter the voice chats are grouped by types

V1* team says
V2* team requests
V3* team commands
V4* team talk
V5* GLOBAL STATEMENTS
V6 function (team)

Hi V54, by V55 for global :D

full wild west list here:
http://the-wildwest.co.uk/guide/vsayv.htm

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 am

lol sii

Defarfouilleur
Greenhorn

Post by Defarfouilleur » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:03 am

Gunte don't know that?

A myth disappears...... Muhahahaha !
Always in your Back !! And i love it :)

El_Pedo_Ciego
Prospector
Prospector

Weaponbank 4

Post by El_Pedo_Ciego » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I made a grenade script for RTCW that works really well for me, but it doesn't do so well in WW.

I bind "G" to switch to grenade and then after I throw it to switch back to the weapon I was using before it.

I also fiddled with a more tricky one where it selects grenade, cooks for 2 counts and then throws it before switching back.
(I chose two because frame rates vary map to map)

The problem in WW is that when you select weaponbank 4 you get three options, molotov, tnt, or grenade. Does anyone know
how to select an item within weaponbank 4? Right now, I just get a random one the first time and then thereafter I get
whichever one I last used. When I respawn it starts over.

I also made one for my Sherrif that binds "C" to switch to ammo, drops it, and then switches back to my last used weapon.
This one also works for a doc.

I use a "Wolfpad" keyboard, so the keybindings I use make a little more sense on it. I also use right mouse for crouch and
space for jump which is backwards of other good players I've seen. (Maybe that should tell me something...)
/PF/ El_Pedo_Ciego - a.k.a LonePedo -

"I maintain a steady diet of rare steaks, beef jerky and live ammunition..."

Pippi
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Pippi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 pm

The weird part here is, that you get a random grenade type. I have the following line:

bind x "weaponbank 5; cg_drawgun 1"

Which selects the grenade (always grenade first, unless I change it to e.g. molotov, it then stays molotov for the rest of that round).
The drawgun is just there to show or remove the weapon graphics (in this case show it).

Why does your config select a random grenade type?

El_Pedo_Ciego
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El_Pedo_Ciego » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 am

Pippi wrote: I have the following line:

bind x "weaponbank 5; cg_drawgun 1"

Which selects the grenade (always grenade first, unless I change it to e.g. molotov, it then stays molotov for the rest of that round).
The drawgun is just there to show or remove the weapon graphics (in this case show it).
Fresh into a new game I usually get tnt first with the bind... usually. If I then switch to grenade and then back to weapon and then
press my 'grenade' key, it will throw a grenade, unless I'm out, then it will throw molotov, unless it is out, then it will throw tnt.

Seems to go in that order: tnt, grenade, molotov.
The weird part here is, that you get a random grenade type.... Why does your config select a random grenade type?
That's what I wanna know!

See I'm lazy and instead of switching, I want my "G" key to *always* switch to grenade, not tnt or molotov which I use less frequently.
In fact if I could get the grenade key to work I would just bind tnt and molotov to their own keys and be done.

[EDIT] I changed it a little and it seems to work ok. Although I cannot select which weaponbank 4 item I want, I bound "G" to switch
to weaponbank 4 and then rebind "G" to weaplastused" then repeat. This is done via vstr. I just want to go to grenade though...
/PF/ El_Pedo_Ciego - a.k.a LonePedo -

"I maintain a steady diet of rare steaks, beef jerky and live ammunition..."

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 pm

you may need to specify weapon type. for example here's my class/weapon script:

Code: Select all

// Class Selection Binds
bind KP_ENTER "vstr medtoggle"
bind KP_INS "vstr soltoggle"
bind KP_MINUS "vstr luttoggle"
bind KP_PLUS "vstr engtoggle"

// Class/weapon toggles for Wild West (by El Dragon)

set medtoggle "vstr med1"
set med1 "mp_playertype 1; mp_weapon 2; set medtoggle vstr med2; vstr med; bind KP_DEL vstr dmsg; echo ^1Doctor/^3Henery";
set med2 "mp_playertype 1; mp_weapon 3; set medtoggle vstr med1; vstr med; bind KP_DEL vstr dmsg; echo ^1Doctor/^6Colt"
seta dmsg "say_team <== respawning as Doctor"

set engtoggle "vstr eng1"
set eng1 "mp_playertype 2; mp_weapon 2; set engtoggle vstr eng2; vstr eng; bind KP_DEL vstr emsg; echo ^1Miner/^3Henery"
set eng2 "mp_playertype 2; mp_weapon 3; set engtoggle vstr eng1; vstr eng; bind KP_DEL vstr emsg; echo ^1Miner/^6Colt"
seta emsg "say_team <== respawning as Miner"

set luttoggle "vstr lut1"
set lut1 "mp_playertype 3; mp_weapon 4; set luttoggle vstr lut2; vstr lut; bind KP_DEL vstr lmsg; echo ^1Sherif/^3Volley"
set lut2 "mp_playertype 3; mp_weapon 5; set luttoggle vstr lut1; vstr lut; bind KP_DEL vstr lmsg; echo ^1Sherif/^6Dual Colts"
seta lmsg "say_team <== respawning as Sherif"
set soltoggle "vstr sol1"

set sol1 "mp_playertype 4; mp_weapon 4; set soltoggle vstr sol2; vstr sol; bind KP_DEL vstr msg4; echo ^1Sol/^3Volley"
set sol2 "mp_playertype 4; mp_weapon 5; set soltoggle vstr sol3; vstr sol; bind KP_DEL vstr msg5; echo ^1Sol/^6Dual Colts"
set sol1 "mp_playertype 4; mp_weapon 6; set soltoggle vstr sol4; vstr sol; bind KP_DEL vstr msg6; echo ^1Sol/^3Musket"
set sol2 "mp_playertype 4; mp_weapon 7; set soltoggle vstr sol1; vstr sol; bind KP_DEL vstr msg7; echo ^1Sol/^6Gatling"
seta msg4 "say_team <== respawning as Sol/^3Volley"
seta msg5 "say_team <== respawning as Sol/^6Dual Colts"
seta msg6 "say_team <== respawning as Sol/^3Musket"
seta msg7 "say_team <== respawning as Sol/^6Gatling"

seta med "bind 5 weaponbank 5; say_team <==Med Packs Here"
seta eng "bind 5 weaponbank 5; say_team arming/disarming please cover me"
seta lut "bind 5 weaponbank 5; say_team <==Ammo Packs Here"
seta sol "bind 5 weaponbank 5"
Note that I use weapon type for specific weapons. You may need to exparament to see what specific weapon the nade is (trial and error but not the ones listed above (2-7) as those are already noted) I'm guessing that 0 is knife and 1 is pistol but here again trial and error may be the best way to find out.

Grateful Dead
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Grateful Dead » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:57 am

control for crouch but i short fingers so it fits there nicely :)
I AM THAT I AM -exodus 3:14

Slimeboykill
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Slimeboykill » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 pm

hey guys im used to the game now but i dont know 1 thing :?
it sounds stupid.........

HOW DO YOU DISARM DYNAMITE
The British Tradition : Fish and Chips!

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 am

Everyone has trouble with that one whe they first start playing.. I remember it well! You have to hold down the "F" key while you defuse. I run up to the dyno and press "C" and "F" together so I crouch and defuse. :D

Slimeboykill
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Slimeboykill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:19 am

The British Tradition : Fish and Chips!