Well hello there!

Howdy

A forum for the RtCW mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

ChainLightnin'
Greenhorn

Howdy

Post by ChainLightnin' » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Just picked up your forum on my Smokin Guns site. I have a version of Wild West that I play now and then, usually as "Chain". It's about a year old, from the uk site. Do I need to upgrade anything? I just noticed I can only get on one of the servers in the game. Anyway, see ya on the servers! :)

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi Chain, and welcome to the forum. I'm betting you have everything you need except the latest map pack. You probably couldn't join a server because it was on one of the new maps at that moment. Hopefully BiteMe or someone else can direct you to a link for the map pack? You'll love some of the new maps.. they're great! See you in-game sometime soon I hope.

ChainLightnin'
Greenhorn

Post by ChainLightnin' » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Muchas Gracias! :D I'll check it out.

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey there great to see ya. You can get the map packs here: (they are both the same except on is a .exe self installer and other is a .zip that you manually install.

http://www.the-wildwest.com/files/beta/mappack1.exe
http://www.the-wildwest.com/files/beta/mappack1.zip

Or if you don't play rtcw and only Wildwest you can download the standalone and the new maps are already in it.

See you on the servers!!

The post from the old Wildwest Forum read:
The map pack will include:

Train
Deathtrap Canyon
El Paso
Santa Cruz

A fifth map, Sancuchillo will be released later.

The map pack is currently loaded on the beta test server along with the appropriate config files. Hang Em High will be updated shortly, the VIP server will have to be updated by the person who maintains it.

I have tested the rotation and it appears to work properly. The only maps in this test rotation are the new ones, for right now. Each individual server admin can make up whatever rotations they choose.

Make sure you delete any old individual PK3 files from previous maps. You should only have 3 PK3 files in your WildWest folder after the install:

ww_bin1613.pk3
ww_pak1613.pk3
ww_pakmaps1.pk3

Besides minor cosmetic issues, you want to check on the length of the rounds, playability and game balance. Santa Cruz and El Paso should have particular attention paid to rooftop access as it pertains to gameplay.

You can get the self extracting map pack file here.

If you prefer a ZIP file, you can get it here.

Download the EXE file and double click on it, then browse to your WildWest install folder and extract the files.

If you would like to view the short preview video for Santa Cruz and El Paso, you can get it here.

The objectives for the maps are:

TRAIN

The Cowboys must fight their way over to the other train, and throw the switches to stop the train before the Bandits get away with the gold.

SANTA CRUZ

The Bandits must take the market flag, then break into the bank and get the gold. Taking the flag in the cemetary will cause the cowboys to spawn farther away from the bank.

EL PASO

The Bandits must destroy several buildings, then break into the bank and remove the gold to the waiting train.

DEATHTRAP CANYON

The Cowboys must get the Bible back and find the escape route by the water tower. Watch out for the man eating rodent and other critters.

ChainLightnin'
Greenhorn

Post by ChainLightnin' » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:27 am

Hey Thanks! I guess I don't have rtcw, just a patch that allowed me to get the first WW download. So maybe I should get the SA. Where can I find that?

ReD NeCKersoN
Greenhorn

Post by ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 am

CL you old dog! You'll feel right at home in Santa Cruz & El Paso. :wink:

For WW SA check this link: http://forums.wildwest-game.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

ChainLightnin'
Greenhorn

Post by ChainLightnin' » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:41 am

LOL! Thanks Red! You don't miss much, do you!