Well hello there!

somone please help

A forum for the RtCW mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

tragic
Greenhorn

somone please help

Post by tragic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:08 pm

hi i just got a little emachine with windows 7 and i installed the standalone, problem is when i start it up it runs really bad, is there something i can do to get it to run rite or is it because of windows 7? am i missing something? please someone help me out with this one im stuck thanks... Tragic...

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:18 am

First it would be nice to know system specs (or if it is a laptop - then model). Anyway, there are ways to make graphics look worse (blurrier textures, removed all effects etc.) and the same time make game run better / smoother. Will post the configuration lines a bit later!

To improve performance you can create a simple config file younameit.cfg and place it in \rtww\WildWestStarter\WildWest

Open the config file with any text redactor and add following lines:

seta cg_bloodTime "0"
seta cg_showblood "0"
seta cg_gibs "0"
seta cg_shadows "0"
seta com_blood "0"
seta r_flares "0"
seta r_picmip "3"

seta r_fastsky "0" // wont change much FPS-wise - instead of nice clouds and blue skies you will see nothing but gray texture
seta r_drawSun "0" // this one also wouldn't change much

Now save the config file and when starting a game, open console and do /exec younameit

Later will put my high FPS config here. Right now it's a mess .. :oops: Anyway - these lines will remove all blood effects, there wont be any shadows, flares and guts lying on ground after the player gets a grenade explosion in his face and the textures will get a bit blurrier (picmip can vary from 0 - 3 values)

Ringo
Site Administrator

Re: somone please help

Post by Ringo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 pm

tragic wrote:hi i just got a little emachine with windows 7 and i installed the standalone, problem is when i start it up it runs really bad, is there something i can do to get it to run rite or is it because of windows 7? am i missing something? please someone help me out with this one im stuck thanks... Tragic...
updating gfx drivers usually is enough , however an Emachine does not have a good chipset for gaming .. lets say that intel gfx are the worst ..

prolly u have a gma chipset .. then doom is your answer ..:(
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:46 pm

if you play in full screen mode the performance will be much better. Choose full screen mode inside the game and then change the screen resolution to "disabled" in the ww starter. This way i manage to get it work on a pentium 3 1200 mhz something