Well hello there!

hasta la vista

Just the place to quench your thirst from that long cattle drive, and spin yarns about anything ya want.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Dora
Greenhorn

hasta la vista

Post by El Dora » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:11 pm

ok

have to be honest here but the game hasn't really been fun for quite a while with all the new people imposing their non-game rules (snipers only, don't shoot me I'm learning how to jump, the repeating votes until they get their way, spawnraping, abusing gamebugs, etc etc)
oh, and then coming on the forum and complaining that people respond to them acting like asses and not being nice to them and nobody telling them that they bring that sort of behaviour on themselves. Or already warning people that they get so shitfaced on sunday's that they forget their manners and everybody just going : sure, why not.

I came here because I love the team play of the game, but that has gone down the drains the last few months, lately I feel more of an urge to kill my stupid teammates than actually shooting the enemy, so it's time to move on; I uninstalled WW

Sorry for the good players having again a higher percentage of gaming morons on their team but I had enough
Artificial intelligence is NOT a patch for natural stupidity.

Paralyzer
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Paralyzer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Sorry to here that Dora.

BTW, do I count as one of the morons (if so, sorry)?

Well, goodbye.
El Spaghetti Western

$hitkicker
Prospector
Prospector

Post by $hitkicker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Vaya con dios
"All skill is in vein when an angel pees in the touch hole of your musket."

Hijo de Puta
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Hijo de Puta » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Is this the beginning of the end of the oldies who are playing WW ??

I will really miss you , my girlfriend :cry: It was allways fun with you

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 am

sorry to hear about that - perhaps come back when more motivated and you have a point that for the moment you have to be more motivated to play with all the new players.

We also want new players but also want to keep the old players. Imo its most important to keep the old players that's why implement server rules on eu. However it's hard to administrate with many new player at the same time but hopefully they soon start to act "normal" :D.

Dora - Hope to see you soon again.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

sigh...

well .. for what its worth .. i agree with dora ..
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Dora
Greenhorn

Post by El Dora » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm

gunte wrote:sorry to hear about that - perhaps come back when more motivated and you have a point that for the moment you have to be more motivated to play with all the new players.

We also want new players but also want to keep the old players. Imo its most important to keep the old players that's why implement server rules on eu. However it's hard to administrate with many new player at the same time but hopefully they soon start to act "normal" :D.

Dora - Hope to see you soon again.
Gunte, the people I am pointing to have been playing longer than a month and should meanwhile know better; Please don't pretend I'm complaining about behaviour that is caused by people not knowing the game yet.
few examples of their behaviour
* the constant voting - I don't mind being overruled by the majority but repeating the next map vote until people just give in while they voted no before just to get rid of you spamming their game. Reminds me of the kid in this advertisement - and I agree with the sentiment at the end, perhaps these people's parents should have done that too some time ago :)
* Rage quitting if they can't win, the old gang these days spends half of their time keeping an eye on teams to make sure they are balanced and swapping in midgame to rebalance. And usually when they do they come back in the next game and do :
* joining in mid-game, then calling a next map vote
* joining a game, then stand in the back and color-coordinate their name with their underwear for nearly the entire match
* joining the wrong team and refusing to swap when asked (and I am not talking about people who do not know how to do this)
These type of people are not interested in making it fun for others, they will NEVER change, even if they are considered older players.

You might notice that none of the above behaviour has to do with being new, it's lack of manners (which I really hate) and selfishness (I don't have fun when it means taking away other people's fun, but hey, apparently, again, that is just me)

But your server, your choice, I know, just think about it Gunte, this will keep happening if you think lack of manners and being selfish is standaard noob behaviour.
Artificial intelligence is NOT a patch for natural stupidity.

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Actually i banned a player 2 weeks ago for start votes all the time. He promised to stop and he is now a good nice player. But as said its hard to administrate and educate all the new people - they behave excactly as you can expect if you join a normal rtcw, et, cod server with no rules. Thats why i don't like other games/servers.

But as you probably know many/some of the old players thinks it is okay to do bad on the servers forinstance defending el dudi's behavior - supporting his comeback. Soo we are all different and i just try to have a server with a few but simple rules which i think works okay - well as long i'm online, hmm. The solution is to have more admins - however if some of the old complains i usually trust them and have a word with the player they complain about - I found out a good method is to ban and then wait for an email og pm where they asking me about it and then we agree how to behave. It works fine :-). And if they don't know how to email/pm or if they don't speak english or aren't motivated enough to find out to send me an email/pm then it's not a big problem not to have them on the server.

Soo if you have any problem with a particular player then just tell me. But if the problem is with many players then its a bit difficult where to start :o

And i must say that annoying behavior is not allowed eventhough you can't see it in the serverrules. Soo additional rules are

no spam
eventhough it seems fair no join in/out all the time as goodshooter does for the moment - (actually he is now out until he pm me).
always play if you are on a team
no repeated votes. 1 vote each game is max.
Last edited by gunte on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

zippy
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by zippy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Sorry to see you go Dora :cry: You were a great player and a cunning opponent. Not to say you knew teamwork and how to execute it well.

But i agree w/ u, it is just a game and if its something that is going to grate on your nerves and not present some refreshing, relaxing fun, then its totally understandable why its not worth it to play :) But I hope to see you back some day !

El Dudi
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Dudi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Dora,You moved very curious subject! I think its not only your feeling. I play a few time on Ringo server and also have enough. Dora, it was a pleasure to play with You!:-) See you somewhere in better world :)
I dont play now WW, and I think that I will never play any more WW. So gunte only one request: do not say more about my bad behaviour or something about this because you are making me lought in that moment. I say it many times and I say one more: if someone think that I smashed some rules, or I make harm someone(beyond you) or I destroyed game or I do something different bad please say it here. To this moment I didnt read anything of such. So dont vilify my good name on forum.

$hitkicker
Prospector
Prospector

Post by $hitkicker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Dudi dudi dudi your no angel :roll:
You got yourself banned for a no good reason which hurts us all :(
Admins should not half to beg you to switch teams! Just do it!
I bet you if you would of shown a little respect to gunte and his server rules, i have no doubt you would be still playing with us and having good times :?

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

$hitkicker wrote:Dudi dudi dudi your no angel :roll:
You got yourself banned for a no good reason which hurts us all :(
Admins should not half to beg you to switch teams! Just do it!
I bet you if you would of shown a little respect to gunte and his server rules, i have no doubt you would be still playing with us and having good times :?
if you see an angel on the servers let me know ud be the first one to spot one, i have not come across any myself included .. we all walked a path of curiosity and said stuff should not have said... and it has been that way for atleast a decade , on servers or on the forum
I know for a fact that if people think things over before posting or writing stuff inside the game would result in an empty forum or empty servers..

people just love this game because of its teamwork , and hate it because of this .. there are no superplayers .. so the ranking is a total facade over whom is best .. the only way to measure this is by teamwork, and that's where the bumps are there is no compensation for the players in the team .. its the teams fault not the teamplayer .. if a newguy starts killing its teammates .. then educate him/her halt the game if u have to .. or vote for friendlyfire

as for gunte's server and rules , respect has to be earned not been given or demanded .. how can there be respect towards the rules , if the rulemaker himself breaks them ? gunte has the same rules as anybody else .. especially running a server .. he should set an example instead of beeing a policeman all the time ..secondly when people install "his" software there should be a EULA or Rules included before actually launching/installing the game..

it might also be a good idea to make a button to email an admin ..
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

gunte

Post by gunte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 am

Hi i dont want all kinds of rules to administrate etc. Personally i really just want to have fun the little time i spend on the server :D.

To have fun i need 2 things:

1. other players to play with
2. fair teams

The 3 simple server-rules has only to do with point 2 and if point 2 works then i am personally satisfied and i will have a good game the little time i spend on the server :D. Furthermore i believe that if point 2 works then it also affect point 1 in a positive way unlike if point 2 doesn't work then i believe it affect point 1 in a negative way. This thread is actually an example of this.

I don't care about software, who plays, how good they are etc. I just want to play good exiting games. Only thing required is that people follow 3 simple rules which should be affordable for all.

Its very simple. No hokus pokus :D.

$hitkicker
Prospector
Prospector

Post by $hitkicker » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 am

I mean no disrespect to dudi i miss playing with him and his polish friends, nor i am trying to stick up for gunte's actions.
It just sad for me to see peeps quit ww over sum dumb nonsense...others get banned for being stubborn, old players that hide away in the forum waiting for the death of ww.
I play the hand I'm dealt every game, good or bad and can find fun in playing to win or lose.
Sure it sux when peeps quit in the middle of a match, call dumb votes, bad teams and talk and act nasty to other players!
But don't let them run you off! Those kind of players never last that long they get bored and move on.
Can't find a good game or players? Post the time when you want to play, everybody likes a nice invite to a good game with good people!
Be a rock...its a game! Don't let anyone push your buttons but yourself.

Fyi Ringo...i think i did see a angel once in ww, hmm it was on the El Rio map in the saloon :shock: as soon as our eyes met,
I knew right then... i was staring at the Angel of Death! omg...his eyes were so cold and lifeless and soulless i shuddered in total fear dude!!
I move to the right he moved to the right, i go left he went left... i freaked out big time!.....and bolted out that door as fast as i could with my soul still attached!
And still to this very day i will not step foot into that freaky ass saloon!!
Also..legend has it...if your there at the right time of the day, you can see angels of fallen gunfighters battling in the sky! :shock:

The Rock

El Dudi
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Dudi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

Shiti, WW is not a game for angels :D but for real mans with honour, who know what is friendship and teamwork to reach aim, but not for every price obviously :wink: This lacks me the most in game now :( In long time this game was perfect, with great games where every won and be satisfied despite result. Now this game is parody... :( I dont say now only about new players, because they most learn how to play, some will never learn and go to other game, that is normal thing.
You say that im stubborn, and you have right! I cant accept some things what gunte do and this will NEVER change. Im happy that not only I see this what happend, but Im not happy that only one or two players is so brave to say about it open. Im not a stupid child and also not a blind old man to dont understand or dont see. And Im a free man who have rights, also in game.
I wrote many time what hurt me, but of course my opinion does not matter. Only gunte have right to have right. Im stubborn but he also is. He even dont read what I said, beacuse he even dont copies on my accusations. And that is a good admin?? Im not a guinea-pig to make on me his experiments. I cant accept that. He have column his own principles. I understand that he is admin on his sarver but I cant accept that. Everything what he do bad he excuses rules of game. I cant accept that. He decide abuout everything, even that someone could open new server. I cant accept that... I could write here more but this is nonsens. I hope you respect my opinion, how I respect yours, even when I not agree with them.