Well hello there!

Master server problem?

Having problems running a WildWest server or setting one up? Well what are you waiting for?

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Master server problem?

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey all,

A couple times recently I've tried to connect but discovered that the game server listings weren't working correctly. (This is with a rtcw WW install) Not all the servers are showing up. With each click of "get new list" a different group would show up, but not all. That's the it has been recently. Today, the EU wouldn't show up at all, the only way to connect was to /connect IP. I tested this on two different machines today - same symptoms.

Is there something up with the master server or is this on my end somehow (or my ISP), thoughts anyone?

Cheers 8)
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:37 am

You will never have that problem if you are using the ww standalone from here:

http://dorado.ath.cx/download/gametools.html

Then you will always have a nice working serverlist because it doesn't use the Master server at all :). About 95% of the players do logon the dorado server using the ww standalone and therefore they don't even know about masterserver or the lack of servers in the masterserver list.

By using the standalone ww people just click and play - no problem :)

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:17 am

Lol , Gunter should be a Sales person :)

on topic ..

it wasnt a master server update .. because the other servers functioned the same i also had the same problem , i think something has been modified preventing the server beeing listed.
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 am

hehe

:lol:

Ok ok i also noticed a problem with the master yesterday. Actually it still doesn't show the dorado and hangthem servers..Perhaps they don't like theese 2 servers :o

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 pm

LOL, salesman indeed! :roll: Did you work in a used car lot, gunte? :lol:

Actually, I downloaded the standalone a while back to try it. I'm very picky with my pc setup (such as 3 rtcw instances, each for different purposes) and I didn't like how the SA installed, so I went back to using my rtcw-ww which up to now had been absolutely bullet proof (unlike Huche the player). But, I have opened the scanner a few times to use it and only briefly did it work. It accesses the net fine, but comes back with no results. It is v4, so I assumed it had something to do with that, but still kinda odd. (I haven't downloaded v5 yet because I only have hi-speed at certain times. The majority of the time it's dial-up. Good luck for a ~300MB dowload).

Thanks for chippin' in Ringo. Nice to know it wasn't my imagination. :)
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 am

:D work? what is that?

The reason you don't see any data is that you are using a previus gameversion (v4) and therefore also the previus version of the wwscanner 38.

To get the current version of the wwscanner you don't need to download the game v5 again but just download the new wwscanner (39). You can download it from here. It is a little download:

http://dorado.ath.cx/download/setup_Wil ... rter39.exe

About the gameinstaller it does only install files in c:\program files/wildweststarter and ONLY in that folder. No registry management neither :). Clean installation and does run fine together with the 3 other rtcw instances you have. No problem :)

Don't worry be happy :wink:

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm

OK, so it is the scanner version. Cool. I'll get 'er downloaded.
Gunte wrote:About the gameinstaller it does only install files in c:\program files/wildweststarter and ONLY in that folder. No registry management neither
He he, you're on the money - well, one on and one off actually. I hadn't yet checked the registry completely to see what, if anything, the installer did; but thanks for confirming that. I've got install 'packages' setup for many games so it's easy to move to another machine, start over, experiment, whatever. Games that have needless registry entries annoy me no end. :roll: The install path would normally not be a problem, but for me it was (seperate partition for game files). But with no registry issues, I'll move it and fix the links. No biggie.

Thanks Gunte.

"Be happy, go lucky!" :lol:
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Oki doki - you are right that you can move that folder to another pc. Then make a shortcut for the WWstart.exe file and place it on the desktop :). Then it all works fine (remember directX at least version 9.0c).

When you start the game it write in the file wolfconfig_mp.cfg soo if you are not admin on the pc you copy too then perhaps you can't start/connect to a server and then you need to change the permissions of that file allowing all users to write/read that file.