Well hello there!

g_antilag - does it work in WW?

Having problems running a WildWest server or setting one up? Well what are you waiting for?

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

zivs
Super Moderator

g_antilag - does it work in WW?

Post by zivs » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

Just out of curiosity (and just because I accidentally noticed that in XQF server browser) I wanted to ask - does g_antilag feature works in Wild West? Or the game has it's own antilag system and therefore the server browser shows for both US and EU server g_antilag "0"? Can't really remember - I'm almost positive that someone already told that WW got it's own, but I can't remember.

I mean, sometimes it feels that there's sometimes players who seem to warp through the map (well, maybe more like jerky movement), leaving impression that they suffer prom huge packetlosses or something like that ... It doesn't mean they're unhittable (actually they're just as good targets as those who're not that jerky), just it gives me weird impression .. Game looks sort of not really smooth ... :oops:

What would happen if the g_antilag would be activated anyway? Just curiousity ... :P

P.S.
What is g_funmode (which happens to be "on" on all WW servers)? What does that command exactly do?

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 am

I'll answer the second first.

Fun mode is default when non standard wild west settings are used. This can be anything like higher speeds (currently on EU server) to extremes like low gravity high or negitive knockbacks, ect. If any of the cvars are different from the originals then the server will be running in fun mode.

Hangem was running standard version but about a month or so it got changed to fun mod, why I'm not sure.

Hewster and Queeg worked on a different anti lag code that is coded in the game. Those of us with higher pings may notice occasionally that we seem to get hit after being safely behind cover. This is because at the time of the shooter we were still in sight. This works for both shooter and shootee. In the older versions those with high pings had 'lago armor' a plus but also were frequently missing others with better pings.

So the way it works now, if the target is in your sights when you pull the trigger they will get hit even if you both have terrible pings (and the shot is registered .1-.8 seconds after you shot)

gunte

Post by gunte » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 am

Well it is subjective how you think a server should be. We like to make it a bit faster and with gravity a bit lower such you can do 4-5 more roofjumps than normal. Its all tested and tuned :). Here you can see what is different in funmode compared to normal:

seta g_speed "227"
//default 210 og mydefault=225

seta g_gravity "756"
//default 800 og mydefault=758

seta g_knockback "1500"
//default 1150

We used mydefault for looooong time but some weeks ago speed and gravity was changed a little. You do not think it means something to change the speed from 225 to 227, but you can actually easily feel it (if you try before/after) eventhough it is only increased 0,9%.

The default speed is 210 and currently speed is 227. It makes the game a bit faster and imo much better, less booring :).

About the knockback is just a funny thing how much people are "knocked" when they get hit by a shot. Sometimes we tried to use 5000 and that is really fun to play.

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh, thanks for the answers! 8)

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 pm

do note,

anti-lag is outdated ..(but so is the engine) no one in their right mind uses dialup ...

since everyone is on broadband nowdays it might be usefull to test this "code" disabled :)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Ringo wrote:no one in their right mind uses dialup ...
I believe some of our US players still use something like that :)

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Ringo wrote:do note,

anti-lag is outdated ..(but so is the engine) no one in their right mind uses dialup ...

since everyone is on broadband nowdays it might be usefull to test this "code" disabled :)
ah so you'd rather penalize us folks on the wrong end of the pond...

gunte

Post by gunte » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 pm

yea that would be nice. people like kicker should be reduced

hehehhe

$hitkicker
Prospector
Prospector

Post by $hitkicker » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:24 am

hehe reduced :lol:

I always felt like i shot better before anti-lag in 1.5 with a ping of 256+ i could get a nice run of 2 headshot kills maybe 5-6 a match!

Now i'm lucky to get 2 a match!

I never will understand the anti-lag thingy i've played with many pings 3 different isp and a good run of packet lost in ver1.5 and ver1.6
and never had to much of a problem shooting a low pinger down on there stomping ground! unless i had a nice flashing burro beacon above my head!

It would be cool to play ver1.5 with the new maps and compare it to ver 1.6 for as i feel that 1.5 was more free flowing smoother gameplay.

gunte

Post by gunte » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:59 am

I can not remember as far back but i think i remember that the version without the animation (when you get hit by a bullit) was a bit more smoot - however it looks much better with the animation etc.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 am

El Dragon wrote:
Ringo wrote:do note,

ah so you'd rather penalize us folks on the wrong end of the pond...
lol , it had crossed my mind to blame everyone across the pond .. but they can think for themselves :)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby