Well hello there!

Trouble running a test server on my machine

Having problems running a WildWest server or setting one up? Well what are you waiting for?

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Trouble running a test server on my machine

Post by El Poncho » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 am

I figured I would post in here, to see if anyone has had any experience or know-how about how to run a server with a linux or mac client. I have been unsuccessful running either /devmap or trying to run any of the wildwest maps on my own server using the multiplayer menu.

When any of the WW maps load, my character seems to be stuck either in mid-air, or in the ground and is unable to move. I can not jump, and when I try to throw grenades/ toss dynomite, it doesn't do anything. Another observation I've made, is when I try to go into specator mode, it crashes my WildWest. Another interesting observation, is that I can spin in a circle, change weapons, and if I pull out my knife and use it, I stab myself to death. Lastly, I've noticed that there is always the hand/use icon in front of my character, which is unuseable.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem or have any idea what's causing it?

I've been working with Ringo to get to the bottom of it, but I thought I would see if anyone else has any input. I've put some time into a map, but I don't want to continue on with it until I know I can test it out on my own. Thanks for any input! :D

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

check your inbox :)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:31 pm

It's checked and a couple replies were sent your way. ;)