Well hello there!

HANG EM HIGH USA SERVER

Having problems running a WildWest server or setting one up? Well what are you waiting for?

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

gunte wrote:its not difficult. Download the mac version

http://www.wwbandit.com/

:?:
It is when I created that mac version and it doesn't work. :wink:
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Hmm...I tried copying the current one from my pc version of WW and it still gives me the same error. I did some searching online but couldn't really figure out why this keeps happening.

If nothing has changed with that file ww_pak1613.pk3 over the past year, then it must be something on my end. (I did upgrade to Snow Leopard recently and may be part of the problem...)

Anyhoo, I'll keep working on it to see if I can get to the bottom of it.
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 am

Gunte would upgrading his operating system do something?

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:30 am

:) ..oki doki. Someone mac entusiast made the installer a year ago something and i don't know much about how it works.

Does it work if you join the EU ww server or is it a generel problem for both servers ?

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 pm

wwbiteme wrote:Hey there....we are working on the map rotations. And adding on some of the old maps...i will turn on auto downloads...
err auto download is a bad idea .. pakfile = 600mb odd /.

so when a regular RTCW player connects he will hogg server bandwidth .. this will resolve in euro's dropping connection ..

( i do believe there is a transfer limit on the server itself )
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm

gunte wrote::) ..oki doki. Someone mac entusiast made the installer a year ago something and i don't know much about how it works.

Does it work if you join the EU ww server or is it a generel problem for both servers ?
I hopped on my old G4 PPC mac last night and was still able to connect and play. Or at least able to run around and shoot stuff by myself. ;) I was able to log into bother servers. So...I've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the Snow Leopard update and Rosetta and I don't think it's worth it to spend too much time trying to fix it. (partially because I don't know where to start :P) I'll just have to give in to the dark side and load XP in Bootcamp or run parallels if I want to play WW on my MacBook.

Sadly, RTCW is an old game that will no longer be supported at all with OSX Lion because of them phasing out Rosetta.

Gunte, I would put a simple requirement statement on the mac installer of WW stating that it only runs on Leopard or previous versions of OSX. :roll:

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:00 pm

ok that sounds reasonable

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 am

El Poncho wrote:
gunte wrote::) ..oki doki. Someone mac entusiast made the installer a year ago something and i don't know much about how it works.

I hopped on my old G4 PPC mac last night and was still able to connect and play. Or at least able to run around and shoot stuff by myself. ;) I was able to log into bother servers. So...I've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the Snow Leopard update and Rosetta and I don't think it's worth it to spend too much time trying to fix it. (partially because I don't know where to start :P) I'll just have to give in to the dark side and load XP in Bootcamp or run parallels if I want to play WW on my MacBook.

Sadly, RTCW is an old game that will no longer be supported at all with OSX Lion because of them phasing out Rosetta.

Gunte, I would put a simple requirement statement on the mac installer of WW stating that it only runs on Leopard or previous versions of OSX. :roll:

- a word for the wise though .. gunte does the SA bit .. this has nothing to do with the original files maintained by hewster .. u might want to ask hewster aswell .. btw .. have u tried the original RTCW mod ? and see if it loaded and played ?

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I was just asking that whoever maintains the standalone website www.wwbandit.com (which I thought was gunte?) to add a note on there that right now it doesn't work with Snow Leopard.

The mac version that is there is kind of a hybrid of standalone and the original mod. All I did was make an installer for it to install the basic components needed to run WW and in the README file I believe I stated that you needed to own a copy of the original RTCW because there are parts from it in the package.

Anyhoo...I've tried using 3 different versions of WW, a standalone version, one stripped down for mapping, and the original mod running under my RTCW. On a side note, RTCW still works, just not WW. I've done a lot of searching on the interweb and can't seem to find much info about the error I'm getting about the ww_pak1613.pk3 having a local file but with the wrong checksum. I tried using the same file from the PC version and get the same error. Don't know what to do, so I figured I'd just give up on that since I can still play on my old mac. :P

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:43 am

Speaking of USA server .. seems like nobody really wants those CTF maps over there ... at least tonight (US)/this morning (EU) they got quickly next map'ed to regular objective ones ... Same happened with simple Deathmatch map (I forgot the name of it).

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:18 am

:)

ctf was a test .. re-created the rotation to 19 maps .. so some are still in double so thats why ;)

anyhoe .. fixed later :)

gunte

Post by gunte » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 am

wwbandit (not working for snow leo)

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:59 am

gunte wrote:wwbandit (not working for snow leo)
poncho pointed that out .. only on PowerPC .. snow leo is for Intel machines 64bit
Lion version also not supported

im trying to get hold of a older G5 or so to test some stuff ..

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 pm

update :

Removed the CTF rotation

Added the OldCanyon .. check the link in the mapping section for the oldcanyon ( if non SA)

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm

for any of you new players....Old Canyon is the original Canyon map. Every wonder why the Canyon goes way off and seems like its not being used....there is a reason for this...

In the original map the cowboys start at the back of the canyon and have to fight to take a flag. once this is taken the bandit spawn moves for the flag inside fort. It basically doubles the size of the map.

Also another feature in the original that was removed is you need to protect the girl while people are going for the keys to unlock her. The bandits can plant dynamite and blow her up to win the game...This is my favorite part...lol

Play and enjoy!