Well hello there!

differences WolfMP.exe v1.4 and 1.41b ?

Having problems running a WildWest server or setting one up? Well what are you waiting for?

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

gunte

differences WolfMP.exe v1.4 and 1.41b ?

Post by gunte » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi in the ww SA installer there is a version 1.4 for of the WolfMP.exe file (windows) and that seems to work fine. If you just start the file you can see it is v1.4.

However i know that there also is a version 1.41 (a/b) for windows of that file but I don't think this file is contained in the original ww update installer?. If it is can someone then give me a link to that file? I would like to have this file to create a windows server and i assume that the 1.41 is better than 1.4.

If i try to create a server with the v. 1.4 it seems to work fine. If i try to create a server with the v. 1.41b (from the official rtcw download) then the maps:

yuma
sancucilly
mountain

have a weird box around the whole map. Well you can play the map and light is okay but it looks a little stupid.

gunte

Post by gunte » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 pm

i just tried to play with the v1.41 wolfmp.exe from the rtcw download and besides the problem with the 3 maps above there is also some weird kind of lag - sometimes game stop for 0,1 sec.

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

1.41 AFAIK was just a minor bugfix for RtCW multiplayer part. 1.41b was a security fix for servers and using either 1.41 or 1.41b didn't make any difference ..

gunte

Post by gunte » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

i read somewhere:

Fixes added in 1.41
=======================

- Fixed bug in Anti-lag weapon prediction code where Player's body remains present, animated with Medic icon - Even when player has "tapped out".
- Fixed miscellaneous issues in anti-lag code that generated unpredictable results.

1.>Fixes added in 1.41
============================

· Fixed bug in Anti-lag weapon prediction code where Player's body remains present, animated with Medic icon - Even when player has "tapped out".
· Fixed miscellaneous issues in anti-lag code that generated unpredictable results.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 pm

gunte wrote:i read somewhere:

Fixes added in 1.41
=======================

- Fixed bug in Anti-lag weapon prediction code where Player's body remains present, animated with Medic icon - Even when player has "tapped out".
- Fixed miscellaneous issues in anti-lag code that generated unpredictable results.

1.>Fixes added in 1.41
============================

· Fixed bug in Anti-lag weapon prediction code where Player's body remains present, animated with Medic icon - Even when player has "tapped out".
· Fixed miscellaneous issues in anti-lag code that generated unpredictable results.
same post twice? ..

and err .. anti-laggcode dated 2002 must have predicted soo many people with broadband that its still is functional in 2011
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

Ringo
Site Administrator

Re: differences WolfMP.exe v1.4 and 1.41b ?

Post by Ringo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

gunte wrote:Hi in the ww SA installer there is a version 1.4 for of the WolfMP.exe file (windows) and that seems to work fine. If you just start the file you can see it is v1.4.

However i know that there also is a version 1.41 (a/b) for windows of that file but I don't think this file is contained in the original ww update installer?. If it is can someone then give me a link to that file? I would like to have this file to create a windows server and i assume that the 1.41 is better than 1.4.

If i try to create a server with the v. 1.4 it seems to work fine. If i try to create a server with the v. 1.41b (from the official rtcw download) then the maps:

yuma
sancucilly
mountain

have a weird box around the whole map. Well you can play the map and light is okay but it looks a little stupid.
its driver related .. alot of shaders are missing , or have additional features the card cannot intrepid i call this the "Ati" effect

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 pm

well i just bought a XFX Radeon HD 5670 - 1 GB and it's the same problem.

Soo conclusion for the test i did is something like:

-- 4.1 client on windows and 4.1 dedicated server on windows => Black box. Same problem with nVidia and Radeon card.

-- 4.1 client on windows and 4.1 dedicated server on linux => Weird lag..every 20-60 second a very short (0,1 sec) lag. (tested with nVidia).

-- 4.0 client on windows and 4.0 dedicated server on windows => Works fine (No black box. Only tested on a lan party)

-- 4.0 client on windows and 4.1 dedicated server on windows => Works fine (No black box. but stilll haven't tested fully whether the lag problem is gone. But i guess it has)

Your right and when you log on with the client there is error messages in the console that some roof box shaders missing. However if you play with the 4.0 client then you don't see the black box eventhough you get the samme errors/warnings in the console.

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Seems to me based off of some older testing that 1.41b was only for rtcw multiplayer fixes and in fact it often will break ww... sometimes giving the sky "smear" effect.
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Hmm... That may explain some problems I have with one of the 5 PC's my Father-in-law has on a LAN. WildWest is unplayable on it at the moment because of the "sky smear" effect (lol good description!). Rtcw was recently reinstalled along with the patches, so that might be it. :shock:

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Sounds like it to me, man. I had to have 2 separate RTCW installs, one ran 1.41b fritzbot mod and LAN games, but needed another one with plain 1.4 for running WW.
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 pm

yes the 1.4 is for ww client and it is also 1.4 for the santa mod.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am

ahem,

this has to do with GL extensions not being understood correctly with newer cards , hence the error on the shader ..

more interesting is why ..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... 99270.html
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p ... faef50ee6d

http://www.gameskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/p ... edi-Knight

there ..

i like play with the surrounding box for 4 years .. u get used to it ..

u prolly can fix it .. but this requires a texture update

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Ringo wrote:ahem,

this has to do with GL extensions not being uberstaupted correctly with newer cards , hence the error on the shader ..JAH!

more interesting is why .. old stuff remains old stuff

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... 99270.html
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p ... faef50ee6d

http://www.gameskb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/p ... edi-Knight

there ..

i like play with the surrounding box for 4 years .. u'll get used to it ..

u prolly can fix it .. but this requires a texture update
and zivs .. dont edit my posts :)

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 pm