Well hello there!

Using Models

More or less everything you want to know about mapping for WildWest.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Using Models

Post by El Poncho » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

So...I've decided to try and get organized and get working on the map I started a year ago. One of the things I struggled with last time was getting the horse models to show up properly in game. I don't know if I'm missing a shader or skins for them or what. But, instead of fixing them, I figured I would start from scratch and ask the basics...

Is there a list of current working WW models somewhere with images?

For example, I'd like to put a train and a few box cars into my map. But I'm wondering if the trains in a few of the different maps were created by scratch in radiant or if there is a model one can use.

I imagine Ringo will be the one answering this, so thanks in advance Ringo!
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:03 am

hi ! :)

well there is no "actual" list of models , but .. what i usually do .. extract the entire PK3 , look up the dir models .. and wahay !

u can create / generate your own shaders .. ( the model holds the texture structure .. so it should load them auto in radiant ) .. or be nifty like me .. get an Md3 viewer and u know which texture ull need ..

btw .. there is a tool around called "et model tool" then u can create your own model in radiant .. and create a model from something that u have made .. ( non-animated )

but lets say u need a chariot , stagecouch or whatever .. draw it in radiant .. ( i believe with an origin texture , err the orange one .. place it in centre .. )

save the newly created map .. and import the map file in et model tool and voila !

own created model without milkshape or whatever ..

for a train model .. best try .. El-paso / deathtrap or train map .. if using el-paso , the model should be in the shader aswell .. but if shlep is around , maybe he can provide u with additional stuff ..
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks Ringo. I'll google me up an md3 viewer and see if I can find one.

I've seen the nifty little et model tool, but I didn't want to spend the hours re-creating something like a train or wagon if there's already a good model for it. :D

I may use that et model tool in the future, especially if I create something that's worth using in future map projects.
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:50 am

well amigo ,

u can use the tool also to generate a terrain as model ;)

or u draw something with alot of VIStable stuff a model might be a performance jumper :)

i have made alot of stiuff into a model , just because its faster workable instead of creating it in radiant.. and besides .. models are better "play-doh" able
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby