Well hello there!

Simple ?'s for an experienced mapper

More or less everything you want to know about mapping for WildWest.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Simple ?'s for an experienced mapper

Post by El Poncho » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 am

Ok, so I've been working on my map that I started like a year ago, and I'm still re-learning gtkradiant. I have several things created and things are going OK, but I've run into some things that used to be simple, but I can't find the answers for the life of me online because every "good" tutorial site that I've used in the past is gone...as one put it...like the dodo bird.

Numero uno: What is the keyboard shortcut to apply textures to brush faces without having to select the face, scroll through all the textures I've used, and click on the texture.

2. I'm really struggling to get textures to line up on curves, such as a doorway arch. No matter how many times I select "Cycle Cap Texture" I can not get it to look right...

3. With models, do they default to detail brushes or do I need to cntrl+m them?

4. I can't think of my number 4 because I'm on number 6 beer so I'll post the rest later....

PS. Thanks Ringo as I know you'll be the one to solve my frustrations! :D
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 am

howdy amigo ;)

yes well , cant say that i use all the cmds myself

i think u mean shift A ,for the brush for the texture for arches etc , ctrl s ..

models , since u can default walk through , ctrl m ing doesnt do much good ;) do make a model solid u prolly have to use the clip metal/wood/stone whatever..

but to clarify :)

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GtkRadiant ... e_Commands
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Sweet, thank you sir.

I think I figured out that I was referring to: SHIFT+CTRL+MMB Paste Texture Use this on a surface to paste the current texture onto that surface.

Is there a clip horse? :P

I know that you can also do a keyboard command to clip an entire model, but that escapes me as well. I'll google that one unless you know it off the top of your head. (don't worry, I'll only use it on very simple models ;)) I remember that part!
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this: