Well hello there!

What a Racket the Electric Company is Running!

Need to get things off your chest? Then this is the place.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

What a Racket the Electric Company is Running!

Post by wwbiteme » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I have PSNH here in New Hampshire for my electric. I just got my Jan bill and it is $344 bucks! So I called them to see why and part of it made sense. They estimated the last bill due to a bad ice storm we had and they underestimated it...ok I can handle that....

But...Here is the kicker...they have done a 4% rate increase in Jan 09. I asked them how could they justify a rate increase when oil pricing is going down the crapper and they had no answer...basically the 4% increase is there to stiff us...the fuckers!

And because they are the only game in town for this utility I have no option but to bend over and take this shit. They tried to tell me it was for environmental regulations the government was pushing on them...I dont buy it...but then again I have to...don't I!

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Here in Latvia for $344 bucks You could run .. like 10 computers + fridge + TV + some several more electric stuff 24/7 + probably even something more to get such bill ... In Estonia (where I live at the moment) that would have to be doubled to reach that amount of money for electricity bill ... Just my few words that indeed there are places where you could live more cheapre communal and rent wise :D

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 am

Ok Latvia...here I come :lol: