McCain Takes Republican Presidential Nomination After Sweep

Feel free to post any news that is fit to print!!

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:31 pm

McCain finally puts this to bed! Now on to the general election!! I plan to help Ralph Nader all I can to ensure that McCain gets elected over the scary options the Democrats are offering!!!

Catherine Dodge and Jonathan D. SalantWed Mar 5, 1:02 AM ET

March 5 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain secured the Republican presidential nomination yesterday with a four-state sweep, getting a head start against the Democrats going into November's general election.

McCain's rival, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, 52, dropped out of the race after losing to the Arizona senator in Texas, Ohio, Vermont and Rhode Island.

``Now we begin the most important part of our campaign: to make a respectful, determined and convincing case to the American people that our campaign and my election as president, given the alternatives presented by our friends in the other party, are in the best interests of the country we love,'' McCain told supporters at a rally in Dallas.

McCain, 71, travels to Washington today to meet with President George W. Bush and get his endorsement, said campaign adviser Steve Duprey.

His victory gives him a leg up in the battle for the White House while Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton continue to compete for the Democratic nomination.

``I understand the responsibilities I incur with this nomination,'' McCain said. ``Our campaign must be, and will be, more than another tired debate of false promises, empty sound- bites, or useless arguments from the past that address not a single American's concerns for their family's security.''

McCain's wins yesterday allowed him to surpass the 1,191 delegates needed to claim the nomination at the party's national convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul in September.

Backing Bush

In his victory speech, he defended the U.S. decision to attack Iraq, criticized his opponents for their concerns about free trade, called for lower taxes and alternatives to foreign oil, and said he would work to reduce health-care costs.

McCain ``has fallen in line behind the very same policies that have ill-served America,'' Obama told supporters in San Antonio. ``He has seen where George Bush has taken our country and he promises to keep us on the very same course.''

Huckabee conceded defeat at a rally in Irving, Texas, shortly before McCain claimed victory.

``We'll be working on doing everything we can to help Senator McCain and to help our party,'' Huckabee said. ``There are many battles that we need not just to fight, we need to win for our country's sake and our future's sake.''
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080 ... &printer=1

Nuke

Post by Nuke » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:19 am

Hillary will kill the election for the Democrats. Her persistence even though she has to win 56% of all remaining delegates in order to win the nomination (as opposed to Obama's 44%) will force a schism in the party that will pave the way for McCain.

Well, at least the old bastard finally made it. He deserves at least this much, if not more.

Old_Buzzard
Greenhorn

Post by Old_Buzzard » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 pm

If Hillary wins I'm moving to Canada, If Obama wins......Jeepers never thought about it. McCain has to win.

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Yup...both Democrats would be horrible. Obama is more far left then Clinton is. Plus his connections to Louis Farrakhan make me very nervous. You can tell his wife is a big Farrakhan follower just with her comment last week of "for “the first time” in her adult life,” she was proud of America, as she spoke during a rally to support her husband’s presidential bid." So she was not proud after 9/11? Was not proud when we put people into space, is not proud of out troops in harms way? She is only proud not that her husband is running for election and she has to say she is proud to help him get elected? At least with Clinton you may not like her but you know by now what her true belief system is.

GO MCCain!!! Save us from ruin!!!!

One of many sources from Obama's wife: http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/ ... id=1074519

ReD NeCKersoN
Greenhorn

Post by ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 am

I hate to be cynical, but there's more than one way to kill a country. Sometimes it begins with good intentions. I'll vote Republican, but without zeal for the first time in my life. Secure our borders, repeal McCain/Feingold & don't "reach across the aisle" for good press & crappy laws. If he'll do something about those issues, assuming he wins, I'd be ecstatic. But I ain't holding my breath. :?

Old_Buzzard
Greenhorn

Post by Old_Buzzard » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:24 pm

T'is true Red. This has not been a banner year for presidential candidates. The only candidate that I cared about didn't win. That was Bill Richardson. The only democrat that firmly believes in the right to keep and bear arms. Hmmmmmmmmm or was that arm bears.
No matter how you look at it I think the next four years "Ain't going to be pretty".