Well hello there!

Unfair Sportsmanship

To see what the Judge has cooked up it is found right here!

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Unfair Sportsmanship

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi All

I have been made aware of people using software to give them advantages over other players (wall hacks). At first I did not want to believe that someone playing WW would do this mainly because I consider this a close friendly group. I really do not care if I win or lose I am just happy to play and chat with all of you other players.

I will not mention any names due to it really does not matter who this person is. I just want everyone to know that we will watch out for unfair play and it will be dealt with severely. Any wall hacks or non RTCW/WW software used to have an unfair advantage will lead to immediate bans on both the Hang en High server and on the EU Western Dorado server.

We are all here as mentioned to have fun and enjoy a great game and each other. If you are here with the need to win all the time and at all costs then I would suggest this is not the right place or game for you.

I welcome any discussion on this subject here. The only rule is no names are to be used in any discussions. If there is suspicion of foul play please PM myself or Gunte and we will look into it.

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm

I never could imagine that in so small and friendly community could come someone with this mental sickness (read: cheating) ... Anyway, if it's known who was it and if his IP is known, I would suggest an immediate ban with no chance to appeal (or how was it in english ...).

If no names, then no names, but is it known who exactly he/she is? Or atleast some hints on ping behaviour, nickname choosing ...? Just to be sure who he is by wild guesses when playing.

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

After a short conversation with this person in-game, I'm guessing he'll have no problem revealing himself. He seems quite proud of his hacking abilities and claims that this is just an "intellectual challenge" to him. I have to wonder, why would a top-notch hack-writer (which he claims to be) waste his/her time on an ancient mod with a handful of players? Truth is, all the good ones are probably working on Wolfenstein already while the wannabes hack WildWest and NES Tetris cartridges :wink: .

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

El Stupido wrote:I have to wonder, why would a top-notch hack-writer (which he claims to be) waste his/her time on an ancient mod with a handful of players?
From one hand - maybe a self-calling top-notch hack writer who just began to do the hacks (knowing that RtCW itself is basically more died out than even WW at some point) or he's just bluffing that he's actually hacking ...

Anyway, I think that this [Wild West] mod is not THAT fast and not THAT "1 shot one kill" game where some random no-name hacker could drastically change the game. And I'm not trying to tell that let him be - it won't change anything.

But still it's disappointing, that there are someone who is just so much of failure in his life that all what he can achieve is via hacks/cheats in videogame.

gunte

Post by gunte » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Script will kick him forever. He can change ip - he can change ISP, he can reinstall - he can do whatever he want. I don't want to disclose the technique but he can't avoid the ban. A ban much more effective than punkbuster itself can do it, hehe....Problem solved - nofhing to worry about :D.

Also i can say he was a pretty bad player with skills like a newbie. By cheating he increased his skills to a middle skilled player - nofhing more nofhing less.

Btw ban is both on us and eu server.

Cu online

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

No zivs he was definatley wall hacking. It was very obvious from the demo's that were made following his game play.

victor
Greenhorn

Post by victor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm

he showed up again yesterday after gunte left and was braggin all about it
he said something about a dianamic ip or something and he was unbannable
quack quack

gunte

Post by gunte » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Well still a little work to do with the banprogram but it will soon work.

Defarfouilleur
Greenhorn

Post by Defarfouilleur » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:42 am

I promess, i don't use cheat !! I'm just a good player :lol:
Always in your Back !! And i love it :)

gunte

Post by gunte » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 am

thats right :D

Dani
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Dani » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:05 am

gunte wrote:Also i can say he was a pretty bad player with skills like a newbie. By cheating he increased his skills to a middle skilled player - nofhing more nofhing less.

Btw ban is both on us and eu server.

Cu online
Thats right
He could be great player, but since hes a player that uses cheats, he will never be, not even, a middle player.
I played vs a cheater some time ago, and he lost game anyway.
Skills will always be better than cheats - it can be harder, but skills always better

WildWest community is like a family, it is not necessary to do that kinda things

To cheater - if u wanna cheat, go play some AIRPORT TYCOON

To servers Admins - BAN HIM FOR LIFE :evil:
Fear not your enemies, for they can only kill you.
Fear not your friends, for they can only betray you.
Fear only the indifferent, who permit the killers and betrayers
to walk safely on the earth."
by Edward Yashinsky

CalvinH
Greenhorn

Post by CalvinH » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Hello,

I'd just like to apologise for any problems I caused over the last few weeks. Like I said, my cheat was produced merely for intellectual challenge. I have no intent of using it on a regular basis, I wrote it to simply test some fundamentals. Infact, I have no problem submitting my source code to you, if that would help you defeat such cheats in the future...
gunte wrote:Script will kick him forever. He can change ip - he can change ISP, he can reinstall - he can do whatever he want. I don't want to disclose the technique but he can't avoid the ban. A ban much more effective than punkbuster itself can do it, hehe....Problem solved - nofhing to worry about :D.
Very nice. I assume your installer has it's own GUID system based on hardware specific values, most likely harddrive serial and a few other things? Such a system could still be defeated.
gunte wrote:Well still a little work to do with the banprogram but it will soon work.
If you are still in the process of producing such an application, don't bother; I won't be returning... Like I said in one of the demo's, I only did it for a test. I have no intention of gaming regularly as I have too much commitment IRL.
El Stupido wrote:After a short conversation with this person in-game, I'm guessing he'll have no problem revealing himself. He seems quite proud of his hacking abilities and claims that this is just an "intellectual challenge" to him. I have to wonder, why would a top-notch hack-writer (which he claims to be) waste his/her time on an ancient mod with a handful of players? Truth is, all the good ones are probably working on Wolfenstein already while the wannabes hack WildWest and NES Tetris cartridges :wink: .
Well, I played the mod a few years back, when I didn't have my own computer (nor did I cheat). I wanted to revisit it, and test. I am actually a big wild-west genre fan and there isn't any good wild west games out there apart from this mod (Call Of Juarez sucks). Anyway, I haven't produced fully working hacks for openGL based Quake 3 games yet, so I just wanted to experiment. I have produced cheats for other games, such as Call of duty 4 and 5 purely for intellectual challenge.
zivs wrote:I never could imagine that in so small and friendly community could come someone with this mental sickness (read: cheating) ... Anyway, if it's known who was it and if his IP is known, I would suggest an immediate ban with no chance to appeal (or how was it in english ...). If no names, then no names, but is it known who exactly he/she is? Or atleast some hints on ping behaviour, nickname choosing ...? Just to be sure who he is by wild guesses when playing.
I don't know why you refer to this as 'mental sickness'. As I stated, I did this purely for intellectual challenge. Reverse engineering, which is needed to craft such cheats, has serious implications in the real world. Some of the methods used by cheats are also used by Rootkits/Virii. Infact, one of the methods I used in my cheat is known as Export Address Table hooking, which I had never used before.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc301808.aspx

Regards,

- Calvin

Pippi
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Pippi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Ok Calvinh, but there is a teeny tiny problem here. From now on, every time I see you play, I'll ask myself: is he playing with or without wallhack this time?

I play this game for fun, and when I find myself wondering about things like this, I just disconnect and do something else.

CalvinH
Greenhorn

Post by CalvinH » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Pippi wrote:Ok Calvinh, but there is a teeny tiny problem here. From now on, every time I see you play, I'll ask myself: is he playing with or without wallhack this time?

I play this game for fun, and when I find myself wondering about things like this, I just disconnect and do something else.
Hey,

Perhaps I didn't make it clear, I won't be returning!

Regards,

- Calvin

Pippi
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Pippi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Excellent, goodbye!

8)