Well hello there!

To see what the Judge has cooked up it is found right here!

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Howdy,

Just wanted to inform the rest of the potential avatar users, that try to not pass over the ~150x150 pixel size for them and on weight - would be awesome to stay in ~1mb limits for them. The less - the better.

Also, there are at the moment no hard forum set restrictions to them and I think they won't be, so the limits which I defined above could and can change due to the needs and wishes! :)

Before taking any action (like today with Bandito's avatar), I'll make sure I inform the user about the doing and will back-up the file in case if he/she doesn't have it on his own computer anymore (or hosted anywhere).

It's not that there are slow internet connections or hatred towards huge pictures as avatars, but just because of the simple reason, that in several cases they just "destroy" the forum layout, expanding it on all directions, which is quite well visible for those who still live with 1024x768 or similiar resolutions ... :)

Don't think of me as a meanie now! :roll:

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Nooo, never a meanie :twisted:

Actually, I totally agree. The average avatar sizes are for a reason; much larger than that and they tend to 'break' the forum layout.

And on most days, I'm browsing the forum on 1024x768, on dial-up no less. Huge anything is a pain. :roll:
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

B@ND!TO
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by B@ND!TO » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi all,
it were a gif WW I managed to do, it is true that it changes the layout of forum.Im sorry if I offend anyone because I did not!

See u

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey, no worries, Bandito. :wink: Absolutely nothing personal or offense taken. It was only the function aspect that was of issue.

See ya on the streets of El Drab.
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi all

Thanks Zivs for helping on this. I did open up the size to allow larger sizes but within reason.

Bandito don't worry on this. You did nothing wrong other then going a little to big.

If there is a avatar that you want to use you can use Microsoft picture to change the sizes.

See ya in game!!!

B@ND!TO
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by B@ND!TO » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 am

Thx all and see u in game