Well hello there!

The new ranking page EUwestern server

Talk about all things related to the WildWest mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

SQUINT
Greenhorn

The new ranking page EUwestern server

Post by SQUINT » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:04 pm

I cant help but notice that alot of people are really taken with having a high rank on this webpage statistics thingy-a-bob,and being that they are so taken with it,they seem to be ....team stacking a little bit.I can recall a time when people pleaded with Hewster to implement a stat system in the game and Hewsters reponse was basically "i dont want to do that because i want this game to implement teamwork and not body counts"and i couldnt agree more with him.It just seems to me that this webpage is making people want to earn rank so much that it might be taking away from the fun of the game a little bit.I dont really need a stat page to know who the best are out there,and the best out there are trying so hard to be the number one spot,that one team seems to be really suffering from it.Ive noticed more than a few times a fun game ending very quickly,due to being absolutly sluaghtered by the other team becuase of major skill balance.Nobody wants to get slaughtered lol.Im talking a 12 player count got dwindled to 4 in minutes!!More than 1 occasion ive witnessed this.I just ask that people still try to even out the teams fairly,so those of us that are not uber leet can still feel like they are contributing in thier own way.Im a super competitive guy and i accept that even though my pc isnt playing the game as well as it used to,i realize im nowhere near the top tier anymore,but the one thing i always did and do is try to keep the teams even.If i enter the room and someone says go cowboys i go cowboys no questions asked.I assume they need the help and i hop on to try to help.I just dont want the few people that play this,stop playing due to team balance.Thats it thats all.Hope some of you can understand where im coming from and i hope noone is offended by my thoughts.Just my 2 cents (:

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Basically the problem could be solved with introduction of Team Balance option which would disable the chance of seeing 10 on 4 or similar teams. As for the skill balance - there have been plenty of games where one team is way more powerful than the other and none changed places, and yes - that was even before introducing the stats, so the problem should be looked for in those players who enjoy slaughterhouse without any gaming adrenaline with last minute objectives being done or whatsoever.

As for the statistics / ranks - unless they reveal accuracy, hits, kills, deaths and any other specific data - it's fine for me. :)

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:26 am

Basically the problem could be solved with introduction of Team Balance option

The devolpment team is no more so this is an imposiblity
which would disable the chance of seeing 10 on 4 or similar teams
Its not the uneven teams 10-4 im actually referring to,that happens usually without people even noticing teammates dropped out.Its the best players all joining the same team that im worried about.I will be in a game with 6 on our team and 5 on the other that has a top ranked player,1 high ranked person will be spectating until coincidentally enuff a spot opens on the side that is owning.and thats when they usually decide to join in.It happens far to often to be coincidental.
As for the skill balance - there have been plenty of games where one team is way more powerful than the other and none changed places, and yes - that was even before introducing the stats
Agreed but since the EUserver implemented the stat stuff its been much much worse
As for the statistics / ranks - unless they reveal accuracy, hits, kills, deaths and any other specific data - it's fine for me
I have no idea what is used to make your overall rank on the page but alot of people seem to really wanna be on top lol I only speak English but i hear chatter about rank even in a language i dont understand

its your rank this now or you dropped rank to this etc etc

Anyhoo seems like you agree with me Zivs that team balance would make for much more fun games

I

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:09 am

Nice rant Squint!

I hear what your saying but from what i have seen lately we have a great bunch playing these days and most of the time if someone asks to shuffle and balance the teams out people will do this. I know i always try to go on the weaker team if possible and I think there are others that do this as well.

I'll keep my eye out to see how things change/stay same for a while upon release of the stats.

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:51 am

youll see it bro....your very perceptive btw i just played a tourney on pkr.com and won against 120 people!!!!! im so pumped!!!!!

Pippi
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Pippi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I play this game for the teamwork and fun. RTCW also used to have teamplay and just fun, but the last 1-2 years everyone is just into k/d ratios and accuracy. Just like it's some sort of team deathmatch game. So, I stopped playing RTCW.

Since Wildwest is a much slower paced game, it's more suited for teamwork than vanilla RTCW (or more accurately: less suited for team deathmatch). The ranking list could change this for an uncertain amount.

Maybe it's an idea to give more points for social actions, like objectives, handing out ammo or medicpacks, and switching to a weaker team.

Anyway, I'll play the style I always play: suicide medic. Stats or no stats. 8)

Dani
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Dani » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:52 pm

well . . .
Squint is right

with this stats, ppl will fight for nº 1 place, and not for teamwork.

As Squint, i also saw it happens a lot of times, and thats 1 of the reasons i dont play so often.

Hate 1 person games, LOVE teamwork.

Miss old days, where old clans did teamwork, not like nowadays, where is each one for himself.

On the other hand:
Stats are good, cause ppl will fight more and better (even forgetn teamwork)

nough said
Fear not your enemies, for they can only kill you.
Fear not your friends, for they can only betray you.
Fear only the indifferent, who permit the killers and betrayers
to walk safely on the earth."
by Edward Yashinsky

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:14 pm

The team balance option AFAIK was in RTCW already implemented and was serverside command. And yes, I rather play game where I lose in last 5 seconds not a game where I spawnrape opponents for 15 minutes.

One thing that could be done - adding referees to the game. Like the ones who have proven themselves as trustworthy and honest players (first in my mind is $hitkicker). Referees could do forced shuffles (of course, if there is such option) when the game goes unbalanced. Or after every round game automatically shuffles the teams.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:51 pm

squint is right ..

however all parties have a point .. i do think it should be a players choice to be on any list for that matter .. but its his or her choice joining a server yes or no..

rank systems make the game interesting but it is a killer for newbies ..since everybody joins the good team to get more XP to slaughter the newbies .. or just spawn raping ..

( if u dont know what i mean ... install ET and join a public server..)

as is .. wildwest is teamwork not DM ..

for the record ive pleaded Hew , ages ago for a tourney mode , that way stats could be measured and it could be disabled..

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 pm

So, basically, that now depends on good players to join the weak teams, since newcomers would probably not want to lose in first round their first game ...

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 am

Things have gotten better and thx everyone for trying to keep things even ive been having alot more fun lately!!

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:42 am

Here we go again 4 nights in a row with severly unbalanced teams!! Last night i join a game that is 2vs2 each team has a top 5 player on it.I wait till the round is over and join the team that lost.I figure thats fair.I guess not ....the top 5 player on the opposite team doesnt think so and encourages our top 5 player to swap with his utility player.So now its 3 utility players vs 2 top 5 players...I dont have the patience to play that kinda game so i quit.
Today ...Teams seem fair to me,its myself and a top 20 guy and a utility player "whos new" against a top 5 and a top 10 and a utility player.....seems fair to me.I guess not because next thing i know,my teams top 20 guy,for some reason has to swap with there utility player.Now my team is up against a 20.4 rank a 14.2 and a 10.7 against me a 10.0 on a good week and 2 new guys....Lots of fun.I dont have the patience to play that kinda game so i quit.

Im running out of patience.2 more nights of this and fug it .I came back to have fun but this is just brutal.If i loose im cool with that,but being destroyed just isnt any fun for me or my teammates.I swear you are making new players quit due to this bullshit!

Even out the freaking teams!!!!

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:13 am

Ya i deleted the game AGAIN lol see yas in a year when my xbox breaks again teehee take care all.Keep in touch Ringo

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:06 am

Squint...dont leave!! When did you play and have issues on teams?

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:11 am

SQUINT wrote:Ya i deleted the game AGAIN lol see yas in a year when my xbox breaks again teehee take care all.Keep in touch Ringo
i will amigo !!!

just reinstall radiant ;) and we'll make a map :P
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby