Well hello there!

The new ranking page EUwestern server

Talk about all things related to the WildWest mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:24 am

thats what u get , people leaving ...

i know what he's meaning .. everybody does .. losing a game because of 2 bad players is ok , however if a team gets spawn raped . just for the stats its riciculous , same as ET , air support on spawns.. just for that little point on the stats ..

eventually people do not want to play .. as for me .. i can keep up .. however i must agree with squint , the teams remain the same people are not swapping over ...

so even up the teams ;)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

Pippi
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Pippi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 pm

I cant say I have seen the problems Squint had. Maybe Im part of the problem then? :P

I just had one bad night where a bunch of noobs (=stupid new players) were acting like assclowns. Teamkilling, etc. Squint, maybe you should only play when e.g. Gunte is there keeping an eye. I know I've become very picky in what game I join, since a few days....

Also, with small numbers of players, you'll easily end up in 3vs4 or 4vs5 teams, which are usually quite lame.

Saves yourself a lot of frustration. 8)

$hitkicker
Prospector
Prospector

Post by $hitkicker » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Geez its just a game :lol: :lol:
I have not seen anyone playing just for stats, your stats go up for teamwork more than anything i think.
There is no such thing as even teams, all we can do is try to make it fair teams :wink: not easy to do sum times with peeps coming and going and new players that can't read ect....
Sum peeps are new, sum are map masters, others are good at 1 map and not so good at another, sum are just doing what they like to do i guess :roll:

I think your putting to much thought into the ranking system and siking your self out.
If you don't like the teams say so or go spec and wait for me to join and i'll help you out P. :twisted:
Then we'll make them pay big time!!! hehe
Hope to seeya on the servers again amigo :)

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:09 pm

$hitkicker wrote:Geez its just a game :lol: :lol:
I have not seen anyone playing just for stats, your stats go up for teamwork more than anything i think.
There is no such thing as even teams, all we can do is try to make it fair teams :wink: not easy to do sum times with peeps coming and going and new players that can't read ect....
Sum peeps are new, sum are map masters, others are good at 1 map and not so good at another, sum are just doing what they like to do i guess :roll:

I think your putting to much thought into the ranking system and siking your self out.
If you don't like the teams say so or go spec and wait for me to join and i'll help you out P. :twisted:
Then we'll make them pay big time!!! hehe
Hope to seeya on the servers again amigo :)
if u join ill join the opposite then ;)

maybe a pickplayer system @ start of the map like VIP games used to be :)
but then again .. you'll be posting here again : " im never playing with AUD anymore :( ) :twisted:

Aud
Greenhorn

Post by Aud » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Was my name mentioned for a reason ?

The first week of this I might have played differently but now I really don't care much. Especially when I rank better when I don't think about it ^^ And shit is right, if you want to rate high you need to go with your team. Otherwise you'll likely die and lose your rating.

I have a vague memory of you being pissed of one night but can't remember the teams. If we were stacking bad teams I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of rating. Teams used to be bad before and there will always be games with unfair teams. People leaves in the middle and between games and there's just no way to keep it fair at all times especially since its usually just the old players that seems to try and balance the teams by moving from side to side. If teams are to be good at all times everyone has to take responsibility to fix the teams, either by discussing the problem or by switching yourself. And that wont work. Partially because everyone will have a different opinion of what is 'fair' and partially because some people don't speak English or are very new and can't see when these problems arises. There will always be arguments and there will always be games like this. With or without rating. Just live with it and with us. Work it out and if that doesn't work for some reason then remember. It's just a game.

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Well said, Aud !

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Aud wrote:Was my name mentioned for a reason ?

The first week of this I might have played differently but now I really don't care much. Especially when I rank better when I don't think about it ^^ And shit is right, if you want to rate high you need to go with your team. Otherwise you'll likely die and lose your rating.

I have a vague memory of you being pissed of one night but can't remember the teams. If we were stacking bad teams I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of rating. Teams used to be bad before and there will always be games with unfair teams. People leaves in the middle and between games and there's just no way to keep it fair at all times especially since its usually just the old players that seems to try and balance the teams by moving from side to side. If teams are to be good at all times everyone has to take responsibility to fix the teams, either by discussing the problem or by switching yourself. And that wont work. Partially because everyone will have a different opinion of what is 'fair' and partially because some people don't speak English or are very new and can't see when these problems arises. There will always be arguments and there will always be games like this. With or without rating. Just live with it and with us. Work it out and if that doesn't work for some reason then remember. It's just a game.
I used your name as example no offense ment ..i merely used your name and shitkickers for example.. you both swap over enough anyway ;) ( if ment for me .. ;) )
( from my point of view is not the debate anyway .. )

as people have been around quite sometime we all know its just a game .. however as squint mentioned earlier , people change the way they play the instance any rewarding system is added to the game .. and i quote in game " what place am i now ? "
meaning people are taking the time to view the rating in game .. so a few examples : :D

- its nice to know your place holding the objective and the entire team is watching their rating ..
- the rating causes people to camp in groups ..( i have never seen so many medics .. )
- the rating system is a pain for attackers ..( since there's never a medic around when u need one ;) )

i like the rating system .howeverrr .. i don't think its balanced really well ..

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Just a quick idea (if the stats do change the way people play) - maybe the stats could be shown once a week, for example, after the Sunday game? Like, whole weeks stats and the Sunday game stats in one page (just to compare who was overall better and who was on Sunday game better) and to remove Top 3 text message in-game? At least that way people won't notice that so much and won't eventually care of that so much ...

Or another idea - to remove (or make them completely hidden from mortal players and to create something like monthly or weekly top of best shooters, medics and blablabla via the forum messages done by Gunte, for example) them and leave only Sunday Game one? That way it could make some players last longer on server (good thing in general, since lately again is sort of reduction of active players I think), letting enjoy the game for longer to everyone else?

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:57 pm

zivs wrote:Just a quick idea (if the stats do change the way people play) - maybe the stats could be shown once a week, for example, after the Sunday game? Like, whole weeks stats and the Sunday game stats in one page (just to compare who was overall better and who was on Sunday game better) and to remove Top 3 text message in-game? At least that way people won't notice that so much and won't eventually care of that so much ...

Or another idea - to remove (or make them completely hidden from mortal players and to create something like monthly or weekly top of best shooters, medics and blablabla via the forum messages done by Gunte, for example) them and leave only Sunday Game one? That way it could make some players last longer on server (good thing in general, since lately again is sort of reduction of active players I think), letting enjoy the game for longer to everyone else?
excellent idea

gunte

Post by gunte » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 pm

I have not seen that anyone has played differently because of the ranking and infact you will probably optain a worser rating if you do not teamwork.

Rating has nothing to do with team balance but we can use the rating to manually balance the teams which is a good. Rating can also be used to fast to spot a cheater. Calvin spent a half hours to reach the 1 place in the rank so here is the rating also a good thing to spot a player like him.

IMO is the greatest danger of the game becomes boring and destroyed when the teams are not balanced and therefore especially in the VIP games sunday we put a lot of efford into getting it done properly with balanced teams. As I said, it has nothing to do with ratings but only a question of following these rules:

http://dorado.ath.cx/gaming/vipgame.html

and then also have admins to balance the teams. To make the game better there are more admins to help primarily with balancing the teams. But in generel most people are good to ensure fair and balanced teams :).

IMO this game is deadsick when the teams are unbalanced soo i understand what you say squint - We doing the best we can to balance the teams and hopefully this is working well in most of the gamehours which is 20-23 CET and esspecial sunday in the vip games.

Grateful Dead
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Grateful Dead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:51 am

I'd have a better rating if I didn't die as much...

:good shot amigo:
I AM THAT I AM -exodus 3:14

Grateful Dead
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Grateful Dead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 am

never saw the VIP rules;;;truley sorry for any indecency---
I AM THAT I AM -exodus 3:14

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah me too. Didn't know about the rules at all until Gunte posted the link. I always try to be a fair fellow in games anywho, but I guess I have joined during a match; yet usually it was to ballance unequal teams.

Also, I see a lot of peeps changing names, so I'm not sure how many are following the last rule, lol.
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 am

Grateful Dead wrote:I'd have a better rating if I didn't die as much...

:good shot amigo:
Yes you really have to stop dying :shock: