Well hello there!

Open community

Talk about all things related to the WildWest mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

Should all bad blood threads be left up on the forum?

Yes they should.
63%
No they should be removed.
13%
I don't care...I have no opinion.
25%

Total votes: 8

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Open community

Post by wwbiteme » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Hey all....was talking to some of the guys and we are thinking of removing the bad blood threads due to they really do not help our community....instead we should focus on moving forward and enjoying this great MOD in a positive manner.

But before I go and by the power of my hand remove anything...I would like feedback from the community first on:

1. Should this content be left up for the world to see dirty laundry and bad feelings?
2. Should this be removed?

So I created this poll....vote and let us know. The answer with most votes we will follow....

Thanks

Bite

Hfx-Rebel
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Hfx-Rebel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Good thinking, I would either remove them or make them invisible...over time they can be a source of amusement; can you imagine if someone bumped the thread that made Glory Estaban famous?!? :)

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Bad blood makes it sound like some kind of Earp/Clanton feud. This is just one guy making a bunch of rules, refusing to follow them himself and then acting like a baby when he gets vote-kicked off his own server. Deleting posts on a public forum smells like censorship to me. People deserve to know why they have to download "special" software to play on certain servers. They also should know that every word they type on those servers is logged and read offline by the server king. You guys recently posted, and are pretty excited about finding the old forums archived... would you even bother reading them if you knew that threads and posts had been removed? I'll bet there is some serious bad blood in those but it won't effect the true fans of this game. Just my 2 cents.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

Hfx-Rebel
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Hfx-Rebel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Like a good coin, there are always two sides.

I was not apart of any of this (and damnit, I hate to miss excitement) but, if what El Stupido says is correct, then why bother even going to his server? Actions like his just prove to demoralize and separate a community...

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:32 pm

K good feedback guys....keep it coming...

Hfx-Rebel
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Hfx-Rebel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Does this mean you're going to let him back on the site and forgive and forget?

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 pm

For the record, I won't be upset either way. Part of me wants to keep WW nice and shiny, and only shown in a good light because it truly is an awesome game, but the other part of me likes to see tyranny exposed for eternity..lol

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Well, I voted YES, let them stay. I mean, there's no need to hide anything anyway - there's nothing to be ashamed of and all of this will [eventually] pass away to page 2 .. :)

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Well he is not banned from the heh servers and won't be unless he went mental. Banned at forums due to the hack and destruction of the site. Maybe in time that could change...I amstill sad and hurt that he did such a thing here....

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:47 pm

well , my vote is rather neutral..but reading stuff here ..

there are 3 sides to the coin , how rare it my seem landing on the side to expose both sides has my vote ..

in my oppinion the best way is to move it to a rant central bit of a forum of whom it concerns.. therefore its unreadable for the bots , but readable for registred users ..

a small explination , create a group of oldies "all of us" , create a part on this forum just for that group, and move the posts there .. so any registered user can read it , but hidden from the rest of the world ..

so if people want to read the bloodspat they can .. :D
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

That sounds like a good plan to me Rinto

Huche_de_Vent
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by Huche_de_Vent » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 am

I'd say let it stay.... don't move it either, just leave it be. Every post is a piece of history, better or worse, and like Stupido's good quote, the only way we learn from mistakes is to remember what happened back then. Can eventually be good readin' besides...
/PF/Huche
aka gravedigger

"I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin."

Hijo de Puta
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Hijo de Puta » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 pm

It tooks me hours to translate "my story of Gunte" to english , with dictionaries , internet translators , friends and family , so let it stay :mrgreen:

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by El Stupido » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Hijo de Puta wrote:It tooks me hours to translate "my story of Gunte" to english , with dictionaries , internet translators , friends and family , so let it stay :mrgreen:
Hmm .. where is this story you speak of sir? I probably saw it already, but I don't want to miss anything :D

Hfx-Rebel
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

Post by Hfx-Rebel » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 pm

El Stupido wrote:
Hijo de Puta wrote:It tooks me hours to translate "my story of Gunte" to english , with dictionaries , internet translators , friends and family , so let it stay :mrgreen:
Hmm .. where is this story you speak of sir? I probably saw it already, but I don't want to miss anything :D
I'm with Stupid...o :lol: ...sorry, couldn't resist the obvious pun. I wouldn't mind reading it either?