Well hello there!

RtCW:WW activity

Talk about all things related to the WildWest mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

zivs
Super Moderator

RtCW:WW activity

Post by zivs » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Howdy Partners!

Long time ago I was playing this fantastic and addictive mod (while this forum was active) and now tought to see what's going on here (in forum and in game itself). Ofcourse the only one server which I could find was 78.47.86.204:27970 |bTc|WildWildWesT and 85.131.218.91:27960 WW new dorado.ath.cx/download which ofcourse are empty (while installing the game, I've noticed one obviously EUR player (since his ping was around 40 on dorado server) who connected and run away. That somehow made me believe that there is still some activity!

So the questions are:

1) How active is the WW scene nowdays? Any new players coming?
2) Are there any events like "Sunday Games" which some time ago were quite popular?
3) On which servers is the biggest chance to find players and on what time that could happen (CET)?

Hijo de Puta
Prospector
Prospector

Post by Hijo de Puta » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi Zivs , it's good to see you are back and want to play the game .
I think you have to watch better or on other times . Because allmost every evening there are people playing on the Dorado server . There are a lot of newbies from Poland and French and they really love the game , like me . And every sunday the server is overloaded with players , between the 8 and 12 people . Don't know if you allready use it , but maybe you have to download the WildWest scanner , where you can keep an eye on the servers . And you will see that the game is still populair :)

http://fortbravo.ath.cx/download/%20%20 ... %20scanner

Really hope to see you soon , we had good games with you in early days .

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Yeah, today played several matches and there were even 3v4 or 4v4 in the middle of the day and now! :) Good to see that people still play the game. Dunno if it's good or bad, but couldn't manage to find any of the oldest (oldschool) players which I remember .. everyone on server seemed to be new ones .. :)

For me that scanner will do no good, since it is windows-only (or is it not?) software. Somehow can manage things with good ol' XQF. :P

Anyway, will try my best and will jump on server every now and then to play few rounds or so. :)

gunte

Post by gunte » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Yes scanner is only for windows. However Rudi tested it and told me that it actually also works on linux in a windows-simulator :D.

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:57 pm

Yeahh, tonight was excellent game! several hours around 14 players! Didn't know that the game can be SO active not even on sunday :D

I hope to see so many active players as in screenshot below (probably maximum players today which I cought on server) now more frequent! :)

Edit: Are you guys somewhere on IRC also? Or just randomly wandering in forums from time to time? :)

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 am

Man I missed a good game! I try to get on from time to time but lately with work it has been tough! When I have the time no one else is around it seems.

My New Years Resolution....Play more WW!!!!

gunte

Post by gunte » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:46 am

hmm the colors blue white red...who can that be?

zivs
Super Moderator

Post by zivs » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:42 pm

This evening was the best Sunday game so far - for a several rounds there was 10 vs. 10 with Hewster himself as a spectator! :) I hope to see more players next weekend! :)

Screenie from 11. January game

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

is that a hewster sighting I see on that last shot?

:o

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Yup. And you missed a great game on Saturday Bro!! Hewster played for 4 hours and Iggy also played for a long time...was almost like the old days and we had a blast!!!!!

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:06 am

I'll have time after next weeks sci fi convention. Till then I'm a buzy builder

=Chris=
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

yeahhaa

Post by =Chris= » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Gunte ! i'm very dispappointed that you dont recognised my great "flag" name BWR !!!!
dont you know i'm the king of name generator !!!!! ask hijo
i'm reaaly happy also to find so oftenly somes players in WW and not only sunday !
:twisted:
i'm asking myself if there is more french people now playing or not ? how many are they ? remenber, SARKOZY is our new Napoleon ! Europe should be french country soon !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sorry i'm probably drunk, time to go back home !
hope to see you again in WW

And gunte....please stop killing me always...there is some player which could be happy to be killed....barty ? :idea:
Give them nothing, but take from them everything!

Hijo de Puta
Prospector
Prospector

Re: yeahhaa

Post by Hijo de Puta » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Lucky-Luke wrote: And gunte....please stop killing me always...there is some player which could be happy to be killed....barty ? :idea:
HATE YOU !!! HATE YOU !!!!!!! HATE YOU , CHRIS !!!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Watch your back , frenchman

Defarfouilleur
Greenhorn

Post by Defarfouilleur » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 am

Be careful, you have two French Man now :p

=Chris=
Cowpoke
Cowpoke

=WWE=

Post by =Chris= » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 am

Hi bad guy !

this post because i'm little bit frustrated about CLAN in WW ! I mean (because i'm french and my english is poor like hijo's headshot :twisted: ) that i'm boring to see this f...... clan =WWE=, which are not playing well (except gunte because hes lucky, ringo because hes gay, vti because hes blind, etc...) so I would propose to the other to form a clan in order to change this rule misused and show them that you're not as gay as them :P :P
As you know, I'm the king of the Great Name Generator (and bart the prince, look his latest creation !!!) so I propose to create together a logo clan, why not to put "wings" like my name CHRIS ? or with flag ? (look picture up )
DO NOT BE CRUSHED BY THIS VERMIN =WWE= clan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao all !

p.s really i should stop to drink ! (but this improve my aiming, not ?)
Give them nothing, but take from them everything!