Well hello there!

EU/US server fixes?

Talk about all things related to the WildWest mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

zivs
Super Moderator

EU/US server fixes?

Post by zivs » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:42 pm

There have been several issues with EU server lately, meaning, players are lagging for no apparent reason (in some cases it's bulletfreeze lags which is commonly close quarter issue or when volley triggered).

I'd suggest restarting it and removing Punkbuster as such, since it's quite useless nowdays anyway. It doesn't support for god knows how many years Return to Castle Wolfenstein and at this point is just slowing down everyones computers.

Would be nice to fix the issue with map changes also - teams are not swapping, maps are not changing frequently. Maybe it's possible to change stopwatch to something simpler? Not always teams are balanced and it ends up with total spawnrape in some cases.

We should look into reviving US server (or making it at least different/more enjoyable than it is right now). Maybe changing maplist to differ from EU server?

Any ideas about adding custom, as El Stupido said on WhatsApp, "not-quite-finished" maps?`We got El Rio, Fortress, probably some less popular standard map?

El Stupido
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: EU/US server fixes?

Post by El Stupido » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 pm

I'm glad to hear that others are having issues too. I was beginning to think it was just me. I'm not a good shot anyway, but now I might as well stay a miner and just throw my pliers at people. I'd love to see the settings on the two servers match at least (US server still has insanely long spawn times for example). Some of the maps that are not "done" are still lots of fun to run around on,so that would be great to add them imho.

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi Guys. What is the issues on the US server and I will see if I can get it fixed. Spending good money on it every month so would like it to be used and user friendly... :D

Ringo do you still have the US server info? I can resend it to you if you want to do a little server fixing...

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:56 pm

well since i have been having some private household issues ..

i have not been there lately , but i iz back with a blast

allright , the us server is suffering , like the eu server with doSS network issues same as the eu server

i have been swapping around the EU server to get the perfect mix , but i might be having a engine update needed , since the core is right off the support processor list , currently its hexa core , and its not having fun ( eu the server that is ) i dropped the virtual down to the bare minimal , and its performing like a charm , but network wise it seriously needs an update ..

to be original , the core has to be the wildwest 1.6 , and not having a source backup ( meaning hewster ) it may not be all in time .. i could recode the core server, which takes alot of time since the pakets are not up to date .. ill repost shortly ..

hang on to your sombreros
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby