Well hello there!

In game brightness

Have a problem with the game or just a general support question? Ask your Tech questions here.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

SQUINT
Greenhorn

In game brightness

Post by SQUINT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:10 pm

How do i turn on the vsnch or whatever its called for the game to be brighter?I think it starts with a v.Its an option i used when i installed the full rtcw first then applied the mod over top.With the standalone i dont see the option and im having a hard time seeing on certain maps even with my brightness cranked on full.

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:26 am

i found it

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:39 am

Ok great! sorry I was not quick enough for ya Squint :D

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Thats ok man,ill give you a chance to redeem yourself (: The pc used to play WW on was a 2.0ghz with 512 rd ram and a radeon 8500.That pc kinda got pooched when sparks flew out of the back,from my power supply taking a dirtnap.Now im running a 2.6 with 1 gig of ram,and a 9250 radeon card and for the life of me i cant figure out why its playing so much worse than the last pc i was running.I know thats for me to figure out and ive been working on it.Im wondering if theres anything in the config i can edit to give me any boosts that are acceptable to the servers im playing on.I dont mind substituting visual for performance at all.As it is now im playing it at 1600x1200 with all low details no sky or dynamic lights and as i say its plays much worse than before.Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 am

A couple of things. What brand and model PC are you using? Also are you playing on the standalone or the full RTCW version?

I can look into this but need more details.

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 am

Standalone on both systems and both were intel

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:22 am

Ok this is a dumb question....but did you try going into the game settings and increasing the brightness there? Also did you check to see if you can turn up the brightness on your PC?

Here are the settings I run on the standalone:

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 am

oh no bro i fixed the brightness issue.It was alternative gamma mode.The problem im having is now framerates

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:02 am

Ah ok. What is your FPS at when playing? Do you have the meter turned on to see this?

Also see if this link is something that could help you....

http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.games ... eaking.htm

SQUINT
Greenhorn

Post by SQUINT » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Yep im ok now thx man.I tweaked it a bit from that info,also alot of my problem was that i didnt notice,till i turned on showfps that my game was set to fullscreen,but in reality it wasnt really fullscreen because my taskbar was showing at the bottom and that was KILLING my fps.So now when i enter the server,i change res and then change it back and then im in true fullscreen.It gave me like 15-20 fps more.So now the only thing i have to blame when i get shot to hell is myself.If i get shot up to hell alot now,i can always change it back so i can blame the pc again till i feel good about myself again.Thx again

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:36 pm

ok good to see the info helped!
Remember to duck and cover when you see me aiming at ya!

gunte

Post by gunte » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:45 am

Fullscreen DOS mode give you better performance :-) and is a must on old and real slow computers. To permanently open ww as fullscreen DOS mode you need to disable the screen resolution in the wild west starter. You do that in the button of the wild west starter.

First time you launch the game you need (ingame) to swith to fullscreen and afterwards it will always automatically launch as full screen :-).

Inside the game there is a lot of functions you can turn off to get better performance (sound to low, no clouds, ........).

This way (fullscreen etc) I setup a 1 Ghz 6 year old PC with 196 MB RAM and it runs with a little lag only :). I tried it with both windows 2000 and XP and both with good result.

gunte

Post by gunte » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:58 am

Just a little note. You need a certain minimum of fps means how many frames per second your graphiccard is able to produce. If this number is 15-20 or less you will see a laggy picture. Soo it needs to be above 20.

To see the fps open the console ("½" button) and type the command:

/cg_drawfps 1

It show the fps in the top right corner of the windows. To turn it off you have to type the following command in the console:

/cg_drawfps 0

Ringo
Site Administrator

list of commands

Post by Ringo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Well

openup the console ~

and type
/R ( then a TAB ull get a list .. u can scroll up) /R_picmip for one is gfx quality

same goes for

/CG_ (tab)
/SV_ (tab)
/CL_ (tab)

( save your CFG first before u modify) wolfmp.cfg :P
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby