Well hello there!

Can't start Wild West

Have a problem with the game or just a general support question? Ask your Tech questions here.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

Extraneus
Greenhorn

Can't start Wild West

Post by Extraneus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:29 pm

hey people

i have a problem starting up wild west starter

at the installation i got 3 different messages saying that they couldn't install the 3 different files right
then at the end it says; Installed succesfully

but when i try to start up Wild West Starter it says; Cannot Instal the program right (WWstart.exe) click OK to end the program

what can i do to solve the problem i really like the game (played it earlier on a friend's pc) and i want to play it too!)

i allready tried reïnstall and after the first failure i installed direct x 9.0 and tried it again but it failed again

could any one help me please?

gunte

Post by gunte » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:56 pm

If it can't install the files then it has to do that you are not administrator or somethings wrong with your permissions on that computer.

Ensure that you are admin with administrator right!

Use the installer in this link:

http://dorado.ath.cx/download/setup_Wil ... ete_v5.exe

Link is the same as from the page http://dorado.ath.cx/download/gametools.html

El Dragon
Retired

Post by El Dragon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Also what operating system are you using?

wwbiteme
Site Administrator

Post by wwbiteme » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Also.... WELCOME Extraneus!!!

B@ND!TO
Sheriff
Sheriff

Post by B@ND!TO » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Howdi Extraneus! ur welcom

Magcargo
Greenhorn

Post by Magcargo » Wed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey it's me Magcargo and I can't start wild west :cry: pls help me! Always when I start it kicks me and i turn into the Menu with the 2 horses and it's always unknowed reason or player kickded I realy need your help because I love this game it's aswome

gunte

Post by gunte » Wed May 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi Magcargo (alias guestly....) - You are a good player but I have unfortunately had to prevent you access to the server (banned) because you do not follow the rules. It is important that you do not ruin the game by jumping in and out in the middle of a game. You will need to read the messages from admins which team to join or perhaps you may have to wait a little.

A single time you have also been very aggressive and team killed :evil:. I have repeatedly tried to post it for you but you have not responded. Do you think that you can continue to play without team kill and follow these rules ???

http://forums.wildwest-game.com/viewtopic.php?t=435

If you believe you can so you can again play on the server and then you really seem very interested then you are obviously very welcome :)

I can see you're from Switzerland so I have translated it into german language below.

German google translate:

Du bist ein guter Spieler, aber ich habe leider musste verhindern, dass Sie Zugriff auf den Server, weil Sie nicht an die Regeln halten. Es ist wichtig, dass Sie nicht verderben das Spiel durch einen Sprung in die und aus der Mitte eines Spiels. Sie müssen die Nachrichten von Admins lesen Sie, welches Team oder Sie müssen möglicherweise noch ein wenig warten.

Ein einziges Mal, wenn Sie auch gewesen sein Team sehr aggressiv und getötet :evil:. Ich habe wiederholt versucht, es für Sie zu schreiben, aber Sie haben nicht geantwortet. Glauben Sie, dass Sie weiterhin ohne Team spielen zu töten, und diese Regeln befolgen ???

http://forums.wildwest-game.com/viewtopic.php?t=435

Wenn Sie glauben, Sie können so können Sie wieder auf den Server zu spielen und dann scheinen wirklich sehr, dann sind Sie natürlich herzlich willkommen interessiert.
Last edited by gunte on Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magcargo
Greenhorn

Post by Magcargo » Wed May 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Ok I'm realy sorry about that I will never make a team kill anymore just when i make one then it is a mistake a bomb mistake^^ About the leave game in the middle of the game... I have a problem... When my pc is long on it become very hot and then my pc goes crazy And it turns off automatic. I'll trie to find a solucion. And yea ok I wiat a while and I'm very realy sorry about that it was a bad day... I will read the rules and My name will be forever Magcargo. The biggest problem is the go out in the middle of the game it happens all the time...

PS:
I love this game and I will read the rules carefuly I wish you and the others a good gamingtime :D

gunte

Post by gunte » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

ok now you can join again :-)..

fine if you know the rules

cu :)

El Dora
Greenhorn

Post by El Dora » Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Magcargo wrote:When my pc is long on it become very hot and then my pc goes crazy
ok my dear
it seems one of your coolers is on the verge of dieing, replace it ASAP, you dont want it to blow out when the stores are closed
most common one is the big one that cools your system since you say your entire system gets hot

this is not good for your pc
check if your fan isn't blocked by dust , or walls. If your pc is inside a cabinet or under a table, make sure the sides where the air comes out isn't blocked by any wood/wall etc

check if it runs and if it still runs fast enough

download a program like miranda to check what might be causing the issue (it will check your hardware etc). Big advise with such programs, if you don't understand the button, do not press it (don't start playing around with default settings if you are not a geek basically)
drop me a private message and i'll give you my msn if you need help :)

And don't worry, i can speak german without google translate ;)
Artificial intelligence is NOT a patch for natural stupidity.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Thu May 13, 2010 8:56 pm

El Dora wrote:
Magcargo wrote:When my pc is long on it become very hot and then my pc goes crazy
ok my dear
it seems one of your coolers is on the verge of dieing, replace it ASAP, you dont want it to blow out when the stores are closed
most common one is the big one that cools your system since you say your entire system gets hot

this is not good for your pc
check if your fan isn't blocked by dust , or walls. If your pc is inside a cabinet or under a table, make sure the sides where the air comes out isn't blocked by any wood/wall etc

check if it runs and if it still runs fast enough

download a program like miranda to check what might be causing the issue (it will check your hardware etc). Big advise with such programs, if you don't understand the button, do not press it (don't start playing around with default settings if you are not a geek basically)
drop me a private message and i'll give you my msn if you need help :)

And don't worry, i can speak german without google translate ;)
there also is a program called fanspeed ... u can check the speeds if any oddities are there ...

but your better of with the german dora ;)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Dora
Greenhorn

Post by El Dora » Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 am

yeah, i know about the fanspeed, i just prefer a program that does more diagnosing like that, and tend to mention the stuff i like :d

I usually build my own desktops so i tend to use *gasp* the diagnostic tools provided with the hardware (yeah, i keep the boxes and stuff till the pc is either dead/replaced/whatever and yeah, i also always have a spare cooler in the house) Guess i'm an old school semi nerd ;)

Fanspeed should in this case be indeed sufficient
and yeah, overheating pcs are not good and tend to die on weekends :)
Artificial intelligence is NOT a patch for natural stupidity.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Fri May 14, 2010 8:39 am

oh , and see if the heatsink of the GFX card (if used ) is running ..

this usually pops without a warning , and can resolve in sudden system shutdowns ..
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby