Well hello there!

In-game Screenshots

Have a problem with the game or just a general support question? Ask your Tech questions here.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

In-game Screenshots

Post by El Poncho » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 pm

So I'm trying to take some screenshots to show off my latest map work, and when I do, they come out split diagonally and all weird. Anyone have a good screenshot cfg or any reason why?

Only thing I can think of is...maybe I have my resolution set wrong or something? :oops:
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Re: In-game Screenshots

Post by Ringo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 am

El Poncho wrote:So I'm trying to take some screenshots to show off my latest map work, and when I do, they come out split diagonally and all weird. Anyone have a good screenshot cfg or any reason why?

Only thing I can think of is...maybe I have my resolution set wrong or something? :oops:
to my knowledge , mac nearly always presumes the highest resolution (2400x 1990 or something)

if u load fullscreen or windowed mode does it do the same?

u could also try the prntscreen method ;)
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:35 am

I lowered my screen resolution and the screenshot came out OK.

But just so you know, I was using the printscreen method and I can only test my map running the standalone on XP. Remember the bug where I couldn't test my maps on my mac? (feet get stuck in ground and get unending duplicating textures)

I've been mapping on my mac, transferring files to my other newer intel mac and running XP in bootcamp to load up and test my maps...it's a pain in the @ss, but it works... :D

I set up gtkradiant on my intel in xp and was mapping that way for a bit, but I kept running into some annoying errors where my map was getting super clipped so I could hardly see anything the 3D window....and I got sick of plugging and unplugging my monitor to have a bigger screen to work on. :wink:
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:13 am

El Poncho wrote:I lowered my screen resolution and the screenshot came out OK.

But just so you know, I was using the printscreen method and I can only test my map running the standalone on XP. Remember the bug where I couldn't test my maps on my mac? (feet get stuck in ground and get unending duplicating textures)
- Lemme guess it doesnt work on intel mac's but does function on powerpc ?

[quote="El Poncho"
I've been mapping on my mac, transferring files to my other newer intel mac and running XP in bootcamp to load up and test my maps...it's a pain in the @ss, but it works... :D

I set up gtkradiant on my intel in xp and was mapping that way for a bit, but I kept running into some annoying errors where my map was getting super clipped so I could hardly see anything the 3D window....and I got sick of plugging and unplugging my monitor to have a bigger screen to work on. :wink:[/quote]

i have another :idea: could you retest the map when setting the MOD version of Radiant to ET instead of RTCW .. and see if u still have the unending textures..

or make the spawns a tad higher ( falling like when spawned , issue seen before in 1.4 )

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Ringo wrote: - Lemme guess it doesnt work on intel mac's but does function on powerpc ?
Um...you mean the screenshot or the testing devmaps? Screenshots work fine on ppc but haven't tried on intel because after the update to snow leopard, I haven't really run WW on my intel mac, so not sure...but I was having difficulty with them working running windows xp, but I think it was the resolution.
Ringo wrote:
i have another :idea: could you retest the map when setting the MOD version of Radiant to ET instead of RTCW .. and see if u still have the unending textures..

or make the spawns a tad higher ( falling like when spawned , issue seen before in 1.4 )
I'm using 1.4 and have tried raising the spawn way up in the air and get the same error. I'll try the changing the MOD version and see what happens I guess. :roll:

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Now that I remember, it's not just my map, but when I try to either create server from the multiplayer menu or if I use /devmap, I get the same results. So...it isn't my map, but WW itself.

What I may do...is just change the worldspawn entity back to rtcw and move a copy of all the wildwest textures, models, and stuff back into my rtcw folder and just test the map in rtcw and see if that works. It's mostly to just check out my map right now in-game to see if things look right/work. What do you think Ringo? :roll:

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 pm

heh ..

that would work .. create a map with RTCW , compile as RTCW with textures /shaders from WW

run RTCW and /devmap and ure good to go .. if rtcw runs on a mac :)

be sure not to put the wildwest 1 in the worldspawn .. it may not work .. u can leave that as final for the compile for the west :)

( u do need the PAK file and the folder structure of the west present ,OR make own pk3's )
be sure not to copy the .SO files which resolved in this spawn error :)

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:52 am

I tried it quickly today. It seemed to work, but for some reason the textures didn't show up, just got the gray boxes with black outlines on everything.

I'll have to recheck the shaders and stuff and see what I did wrong. But, for the moment, I'll just transfer files over, I can just drop them into my shared folder.

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

indeed its the shaders

u could just rebuild the original pk3 file , adding the textures and such to the pak0 file :)