Well hello there!

Starting a server

A forum for the RtCW mod.

Moderators: Ringo, wwbiteme, zivs

gunte

Post by gunte » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 am

He won't. He made the code and he doesn't want other to use it so unfortunately we have no chance at all to develope the game.

Btw if someone has the release code he should certainly post it or send it to me? You can do it anonymous if you like :-)

I think that releasing the code also will motivate someone to make the game in a very compact way with default 1-2 small maps as only 1 little file at only 5-20 Mbyte - only 1 file to start - no installation. Just click one file and the game starts directly. Means that you can send the game to your friends by email or have it on a internetpage and people just have to click the file or link and press run to try it. And if they want to play all maps it will start autodownload the other maps.

This way we easily get a lot more players :)
Last edited by gunte on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel-Eyes
Greenhorn

Post by Angel-Eyes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

gunte wrote:He won't. He made the code and he doesn't want other to use it so unfortunately we have no chance at all to develope the game.

Btw if someone has the release code he should certainly post it or send it to me? You can do it anonymous if you like :-)

I think that releasing the code also will motivate someone to make the game in a very compact way with default 1-2 small maps as only 1 little file at only 5-20 Mbyte - only 1 file to start - no installation. Just click one file and the game starts directly. Means that you can send the game to your friends by email or have it on a internetpage and people just have to click the file or link and press run to try it. And if they wont to play all maps it will start autodownload the other maps.

This way we easily get a lot more players :)
As memory serves me only a handfull of people had the code, Queeg, Hewster, and Boltyboy. Not even I saw the code so unless someone has managed to get hold of a copy then I very much doubt that it will be ever seen, but I maybe proven wrong. :shock:
Woody

El Poncho
Prospector
Prospector

Post by El Poncho » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Yeah, I doubt they would just hand the code over, but I wish he would have updated a new dll file for the mac version of WW. :D

The mac version that I put together that is for download here is using an old dll file from a previous version of WW. So you are able to play on the servers, but you can't start up a match or server on your own machine.
-Prior to moving to the Wild West, I was called Bonesetter and had a cool sig like this:

Angel-Eyes
Greenhorn

Post by Angel-Eyes » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am

El Poncho wrote:Yeah, I doubt they would just hand the code over, but I wish he would have updated a new dll file for the mac version of WW. :D

The mac version that I put together that is for download here is using an old dll file from a previous version of WW. So you are able to play on the servers, but you can't start up a match or server on your own machine.
Someone correct me if im wrong here but Danny, who use to run Lone Wolf, managed to overcome this problem but how he did it escapes me
Woody

Ringo
Site Administrator

Post by Ringo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 am

hmmz,

i think he overcame the issue in 1.5 not in 1.6 or later versions ..

but AE is right there where mac fixes around.. but since halve the links are dead , got deleted or the forum containing the information has dissolved
WIP : Wildwest ET
WIP : Wildwest_Radar
WIP : Wildwest_Sanmiguel
WIP : Wildwest_Yuma
WIP : Wildwest Jailbreak
WIP : Wildwest_Muerte
WIP : Wildwest_Abby